Overprotected

pairing: Lee Gon and Jung Tae-eul

^^^^^^

The shrill of the alarm clock rang in his ears, causing him to shoot up in an alert fashion. Once the ringing had died down, the drowsy feeling of exhaustion ran through him again. God, how tired was he going to be when they had the baby?

The baby. He couldn't wait.

"I'm ready to give up, if it hasn't worked this time I give up. It's too tiring a-." Jung Tae-eul rambled, Lee Gon cutting her off by placing both of his hands on her shoulders and waiting to speak.

"Baby, stop thinking negatively. I know this is just your tired head talking. I don't know about you, but I want to carry on trying until we have a mini us here." She couldn't resist his gentle smile and his condoling words as she let herself smile at the idea of a mini Gon, causing terror around the palace.

"Can you look? It's been three minutes." Tae-eul alert him, and he takes her hand, carefully pulling her into the bathroom with him. She focus her attention on his reflection in the mirror, watching the way his hair fell over his forehead and how he held his breath when he picked up the stick. With a grin, he glances up to her reflection. "No no no are you serious?" She says, her hands immediately coming up to her mouth in a state of disbelief.

"We're pregnant!" He shouts, turning towards her with his hand held up in the air in triumph.

"We're having a baby!" His smile is gigantic, tears brimming in his eyes as he makes his way towards her.

Tae-eul was already a mess, her cheeks damp with her tears of joy as she takes the pregnancy test from his hands. "It's really positive. We've never had a positive one before." She cries, sniffling as she laughs and look up at him.

"Oh, my god, come here." Lee Gon sighs, pulling her into him and squeezing her tightly. "Oops." He chuckles, loosening his grasp on her as he presses a gentle kiss to her forehead. "I love you so much and I can't wait to start a family with you."

That's the moment he realised she wasn't beside him, her side of the bed vacant and the bathroom casting a dim yellow light through the cracks of the door. "Tae-eul?" He shouts, and she replies with a weak "in here."

Ever since the beginning of the pregnancy, Lee Gon's protection over Tae-eul had sky-rocketed. He constantly wanted to know where she was and how she was feeling. He just felt the constant need to be there for her, despite her constant reminders that she was still the same person and baby brain hadn't infected her just yet.

"Why didn't you wake me?" He asked softly, pushing open the door and pulling her hair into a ponytail.

"Because you're knackered and unfortunately, being sick is a solo task." She laughs, sitting cross-legged on the bathroom floor.

"Wish it wasn't." He grumbled, letting her hair fall against her face. She laughs, her voice heavy with exhaustion. "How bad is it today?" He asked.

"It's way worse today, my mouth keeps filing up with water." She whines.

"I'm gonna stay home today. I'll just tell Secretary Mo to clear my schedule and do what they can without me." He decides, crouching beside her.

"Gon." You sigh. "You know for a fact that they can't get anything done without you. Please go to work, I know how to look after myself."

Lee Gon was constantly bailing on plans and work for her, when she knew she was going to be absolutely fine. It got slightly on her nerves that now she was pregnant he didn't seem to trust her looking after herself.

"I just wanna stay here, make sure you're okay. There will be no harm done, love."

"No, there is harm done." Tae-eul snaps. "You keep hounding me like I have no idea how to look after myself. I'm still human."

Lee Gon went quiet, taking his bottom lip between his thumb and fore-finger as he looked down at his feet. "I'm sorry." He mumbles, awkwardly shuffling out of the bathroom, banging his hip on the door handle as he rushes to get out of the intense environment she had created.

"Gon, hey." Tae-eul says loudly, pulling herself up with the help of the counter. She immediately regretted what she said as soon as it left her mouth, leaving her feeling guilty and even more sick than when he entered the bathroom. "Love, I'm sorry."

Lee Gon was sat on the end of their shared bed, his head in his hands and still in his pyjamas. "Do you really think I hound you?"

"No, I didn't mean it Gon." He just tuts in response, standing up to start getting ready for work.

"I just worry about you, both of you." He says, "And its upsetting that you make it out like I'm being an inconvenience to you. You're my first priority. Always. Work and whatever else comes after you."

Tae-eul quietly makes her way over to him, wrapping her arms around his torso from behind. "I'm really sorry, I know you're just being kind. Don't know why I snapped." She presses a loving kiss onto his shoulder blade, squeezing him gently.

"I can feel your little baby bump." He smiles, enclosing his hands around her own, wanting to stay in that position for a while.

"Don't think we're staying like this for long, Lee Gon. I feel sick." Tae-eul laughs, pulling him around to face her. Lee Gon tucks her hair behind her ear, pressing several kisses to her cheeks. Tracing his hands down her sides, he presses his hands against her stomach.

"Stop giving your mum grief, will you?" He whines, moving his hands soothingly.

"Can already tell they're going to be a handful." She jokes. "But they'll be absolutely fine because they have an incredible dad."

"He has an incredible mum." Lee Gon blushes.

"I'm placing my bets. A mini King."

"Are you saying you're a King?" Tae-eul teases, laughing loudly in fake mockery.

"Shut it, or we're getting a divorce." He smiles, pulling her closer to him.