A press conference from hell

' SENHOR VAZ! O QUE VOCE TEM A DIZER SOBRE A INTOXICACAO ALIMENTAR NO BRASIL!'
' O QUE ACONTECEI COM SEU NOVO CAFE!'
' HA ALGUMA COISA QUE VOCE POSSA FAZER?'

The questions at the press conference fired away like cannons and pistols. For once, Rocha couldn't answer anything Jose felt disgusted at how the reporters accuse his future father in law, Rosinha and Raimundo were both outraged. Scrooge and Mrs Beakley regretted coming along.

' SILENCE NOW!' Raimundo roared, shutting up the reporters in process. ' WE ASSURE YOU, THAT OUR FATHER IS INNOCENT! LOOK.AT THE POOR OLD MAN! YOU SAY HE POISOJED ALL OF YOU?'

' WELL, HE IS THE RICHEST COCOA BEAN BILLIONAIRE IN THE WORLD!' one woman yelled
' SIM!' everyone else crowed back.

Rosinha then snatched the microphone from her younger brother.
' ALL HE EVER DID WAS WORK AT HIS OFFICE!' Rosinha roared in Portugeuse, earning the looks of awe from Jose, who has inserted earplugs into everyone's ears before the conference. ' WHAT ALIBI DID YOU ALL HAVE TO ACCUSE MY POOR OLD PAPA AND MAMA! '

' FELLOW BRAZILIANS!' Scrooge yelled in slow English. ' I completely understand your frustration. Sim, it is a hard time. But right now, we have partnered with SHUSH to investigate the whole incident. '

Now Rocha spoke up.

' First and foremost, ' Rocha sighed. ' I apologize for not having better security, and all the inconvenience brought to all of you. However, the only thing is that I am totally innocent. We are now working with SHUSH to investigate as quickly as possible before the coffee festival. '

' IF THE COFFEE FESTIVAL WILL NOT COMMENCE,' one very scathing young man sneered. ' WHAT WILL BE THE FUTURE OF THE FAMILY BUSINESS !'

Raimundo and Jose watched in shock as Rosinha melodramatically stormed off, ignoring the screams, flashing lights and heckling questions, as she stormed off to her room.

Jose has screamed at the reporters for upsetting Rosinha in such an appalling way, then he also followed the sounds of Rosinha's hysterically sobbing, while Scroooge, Mrs Beakley, Raimundo and Rocha started defending all they could. Rocha and Raimundo told Jose that they will join in later.

When he entered, his heart broke at the sight of Rosinha sobbing and crying her makeup off. Her curly hair a mess, her sky blue dress had mascara stains coming from her big pile of tears, and she is clutching the stuffed white teddy bear that was one of Jose's many presents for her, as Jose sat by Rosinha and held her close, letting big tears fall onto his shirt, Rosinha wailed ' Isto e um desastre total! Que vergonha, Tao estupido, eu neo suporto isso!'

' I know, minha princessa, I know....' Jose cooed as he massaged her back, as he embraced poor Rosinha back. ' And I am with you. I believe that your poor father must have some blunders in the security system. But overall he is innocent. Anyone can see it in his eyes. '

' He is my father, ' Rosinha spoke up. ' And of course, as Brazilians says - Familia significa passar pelo inferno e voltar com eles. We must do what Donald and Daisy have always done - defend their family at all costs. '

' Sim, meu amor!' Jose cooed and kissed her to calm her down. Giving her a glass of lemonade, he said gently. Now, go change a new dress later. Your tears stained the sky blue one you are wearing.'

Rosinha looked at the stain in disgust.

' Ah! How foolish of me!' Rosinha gasped, ' I really have to clean it!'

' What's this about stain?'

Rosinha and Jose looked up, and in came a very exhausted and still quite sick Carmelita, who sat down.

' Mama!' Rosinha gasped ' But the servants said -'

' As a lady of politics, we must serve our duties to the public, in fair and stormy weather, ' Carmelita announced. Once she saw her daughter's stained dress, she gasped. ' Oh my....Jose, did she cry that much?'

' Sim, senhora Vaz, ' Jose answered sadly.

' Ro, ' Carmelita instructed her daughter ' Look at me. '

Rosinha looked up at her mother, tears still in her eyes.

' I have checked the diaries, personal documents of your father, ' Carmelita said slowly ' And he is completely innocent. It seems that he somehow forgot to turn on the night security system a few days ago. That means that Esmeralda's assumptions were correct. I have called Senhor Nestor, one of my assistants to ask Scrooge's family for their testimonies. '

' Nestor?' Jose's eyes lit up. ' My old friend from high school?'

' Sim!' Carmelita said ' And he wont be too harsh on your friends. That is a promise. '

' I know he wont' Jose smiled, and Rosinha also smiled.

A loud roar came from the living room. Rocha was shouting in Portugeuse at the reporters again.

' Let me go help your father and Raimundo, ' Carmelita grumbled. ' They are cut off the same cloth, really. Jose, do stay with my daughter. '

' Sim, senhora Vaz, ' Jose saluted.

Rosinha hugged her mother. ' Obrigado, mama, for your truth. '

' Nao ha problema, my dear, ' Carmelita kissed Rosinha's forehead ' Take care of yourself. '

As Carmelita left, Jose turned to Rosinha, ' Quick! Change into something else and let's use the backdoor to sneak to where our friends are on your sportscar!'

Rosinha then quickly changed to a white cocktail dress with matching shades and heels, and the two quietly went to the backdoor, boarded on one of the sports cars and drove to the beach resort as fast as they could.