More testimonies

After the kids left with Panchito, Esmeralda and the 3 SHUSH investigative officers, and Mrs Beakley, Della, Donald and Daisy kissing their foreheads for good luck, everyone else took a deep breath and went into the business buildings.

There are around 7 huge marble shades buildings in the Vaz Enterprises grounds. Right now, they all seem to be in the marketing department. There are several employees designing the brands and logos of the coffee bean boxes, some others running around with advertisement ideas, and many more are carrying charts based on their market research.

' Thjs is the marketing department, ' Rocha introduced ' Where all the advertising dreams come true. '

' Rocha absolutely believes that advertising is one of the most important aspects to the family coffee business. ' Carmelita added ' But now, with the shocking plummet of the Midnight Sonata, the profits are pretty low. '

' Is it true that several employees of yours are now having their sick leave, papa?' Raimundo asked.

' Sim, ' was all they got from their dejected father.

' Why dont we ask the marketing executive?' Daisy suggested.

Soon, Donald, Daisy, Jose and Rosinha are the ones who are interviewing a lilac peahen in business uniform. Everyone else was looking for clues and doing interviews with other employees one way or another.

' You are Senhora Sanchez, the marketing executive of Vaz Enterprises, no?' Rosinha asked as gently as she could. She knew Senhora Sanchez, she is a very nice lady and very hard working, nothing like Zeke.

' Sim, senhora Vaz, ' Senhora Sanchez sighed.

' What were you doing two days ago?' Donald asked.

' Attending my marketing affairs, then at night I went home to my 3 children and my husband who works at SHUSH. ' Senhora Sanchez answered calmly.

' And what about yesterday ?' Daisy asked.

' Stomach ache, ' Senhora Sanchez answered. ' I also tried the coffee-'

' Espere, você tentou o café também?' Jose asked.

All Senhora Sanchez could do was nod.

' Poor thing, ' Daisy sighed ' She was also frightened out of her wits. By the way, how would you explain the health crisis regarding to the Midnight Sonata? And how about the food poisoning in Brazil?'

' Lucky for me, my 3 babies didnt drink the coffee, so they are fine, ' Senhora Sanchez answered. ' My husband Tulio and I had stomach aches and vomitting. Tulio is still sick. I really wanted to take care of him for the time being but he insisted on taking care of himself. '

Senhora Sanchez laughed a little at the last words, and the 4 can see how much it affects not only the economic sector of Brazil, but also families and friends.

' Senhora Sanchez, ' Rosinha asked ' Did you also hear the rumours of El Sombra del Fabrica?'

' Many times, ' Senhora Sanchez admitted ' My friends all tell me he wears a hoodie -'

' A hoodie?' Donald gasped. Turning to his friends, he exclaimed ' We are closer to the main suspect than we think!'

' Por que?' Senhora Sanchez asked.

Donald, Daisy, Jose and Rosinha began explaining their findings in the streets yesterday.

' Speaking of which, ' Senhora Sanchez added. ' Zeke Galo recently has been quite strange. He was always going to some pharmacist to take some meds. When I asked him what was wrong, he pretty much came up with some lie and rudely ignored me. '

' That's not very nice, ' Rosinha said, and the other 3 nodded their heads in agreement.

' Nao, senhors and senhoras, it is not, ' Senhora Sanchez also agreed. ' In fact, strange things keep happening ever since the Midnight Sonata was made. There are rumors about FOWL undercover agents lurking amongst us, and gossip was rife. I myself wasnt a big fan of gossip, but it has become too much in here. '

The 4 exchanged worried looks at each other, they are closer to the main suspect than they thought.

After everyone had gathered countless clues from photo taking and interviewing, they all are now sitting at the chief meeting room and are having quesadillas for lunch.

After the 4 explained what happened in their interview, Scrooge narrated that he had spoke with the head medic.

' The Head Medic told me that the liquids are created from a very exotic fungus named the Cocobanana which makes animals sick at the scent of it, with a very deceptively sweet smell, ' Scrooge said. ' But the trouble, it is very expensive. '

' So, it is impossible to get it in the alchemist shops?' Raimundo asked.

' Well, it is quite rare, ' Scrooge admitted ' So my guess is that the thief has gone through that particular shop which has them. '

' Also, ' Mrs Beakley said ' The thief either is one of the employees, or some master thief who infiltrated the security system. '

' By hacking into it, ' Carmelita added. ' Or both. Rocha and I had a meeting with all the executives and we all investigated them. None of them admitted. They are all terrified. '

' That what happens when your dad is a coffee bean CEO and your mom is the President of SHUSH in Brazil, ' Raimundo told everyone else.

' Also, I recall, that Zeke was about the same height as the hooded thief, ' Daisy said.

' True, true, ' Rocha admitted ' But the trouble is, several others are the same height as him. '

Everyone thought about it over, and nodded slowly.

' If the security system is that advanced, how does the thief know how it works?' Della asked, with a mouthful of cheese in her mouth.

' Because, ' Mrs Beakley said slowly ' He has had maximum preparation. My guess is that he harbours some sort of twisted hate to Senhor Rocha, or maybe he is some undercover spy. '

Everyone shuddered in fear. Then Donald spoke up.

' I wonder how the kids are? he whispered softly, and everyone started to text the kids, Panchito, Esmeralda, and the 3 investigative officers.