Vaz Enterprise

The following morning, after breakfast, everyone went to Vaz Enterprises by limousine. When they all arrived there, everyone's ( except Sçrooge and the Vaz family's ) jaws hit the floor at the sight of Vaz Enterprises.

It is truly the biggest coffee making enterprise in the world, even bigger than Waddle. There is a huge factory that makes all the cocoa beans and coffee powder, several buildings for business purposes, and tons of high technology, all located in a lush, spacious green locale.

As soon as the employees saw Scrooge and his team, they all said polite greetings in speed Portugese. The triplets are in awe of how Rosinha and her family are treated like royalty in the Vaz Enterprises.

The moment they entered the factory, they are mind blown by the series of machines in the factory. There are several air pumpers for cooking the beand a huge hammer like machine which turned the beans into powder, and several others for shedding the skin of the coffee fruit. Needless to say, everyone was mind blown and their eyes are opened.

As Rocha was beaming with pride at the big machines, a white rooster with a fancy black hoodie came up to them.

' Bom dia, friends of Senhor Vaz!' the white rooster said, in an all too familiar voice that Donald and his friends can regonize.

' Meet my new Research executive, ' Rocha said ' Zeke Galo. '

As soon as Zeke saw Scrooge, he beamed ' Senhor Scrooge McDuck! The richest duck in the world! How honoured I am to be at your presence!'

Scrooge eventually found his hand being reluctantly shook by the white rooster. Meanwhile, Donald and his friends all somehow had a bad feeling about him.

Zeke and Rocha eventually showed everyone the process of making coffee.

' With this machine, ' Zeke said ' It makes coffee beans roasted 10.times hotter and 20 times faster. The coffee fruits are selected exclusively from Africa and in the rainforests of South America!'

Scrooge raised his hand. ' How would you explain the coffee crisis in Brazil?'

Zeke laughed ' Oh! Well, as Senhor Vaz said, the coffee industry will be up and running in no time, with this machine of course!'

' Where were you two days ago?' Esmeralda asked directly.

' I was clubbing, ' was all Zeke answered.

' Likely story, ' the triplets mumbled to themselves.

Then the crew went into the milling machines. Big, silver filters were seen at the second floor, with tons of people working to mill the coffee beans.

' Here, ' Rocha explained ' Is the milling room. Any remaining fruit or parchment will be removed and dry coffee is nearly there. '

' Sim, indeed!' Zeke exclaimed enthusiastically.

' How would you explain the health crisis of Brazil due to Senhor Vaz's new product?' Della asked.

' Oh, that?' Zeke answered ' We had so much complaints that we basically has a special box for them. It is just ghastly. '

Then the crew went to the roasting room. The kids all covered their ears at the sound of the roaring fire. The adults all watched on amazed.

' This is where the magic happens!' Ze cried ' You get the beans into different roasts, and then you will see different coffee beans produced. For examplex the midnight sonata is made to be slighter than usual. '

' I see....' Daisy said slowly.

' What were you doing yesterday after lunch?' Donald asked

' I basically bought some meds for my pet goldfish, ' was all Zeke said.

' Uh huh, ' Della and Esmeralda said sardonically.

The crew then moved to the delivery room, where thousands of coffee boxes were packaged and shipped every year.

There was the deluxe brand, the Midnight Sonata, the Mint Wonder and many others.

' And sim, this is where everything is packaged and delivered!' Zeke explained.

Before anyone can ask another scathing question, Zeke said ' Oh, and I have a very important call now. Bom dia, meus amigos!'

With that, Zeke scurried off, leaving everyone quite confused and suspicious.

When Rocha led everyone on a tour to the business departments, Nestor spoke up.

' I have a strong feeling that Zeke is lying, ' Nestor pondered.

' Same, ' Marcia agreed. ' Look at him! His voice is a little higher than usual every time he speaks!'

' And meds for goldfish!' Rosinha laughed ' A horrible liar, he is!'

' We mustn't be too hasty during the investigation, ' Scrooge said ' Let us observe more of the enterprise.

The crew agreed and also followed Rocha, Carmelita and Scrooge to the business departments.

The kids, already going through a list of suspects, asked if they can look for more clues at Zeke's office.

' I have a big feeling that grey hoodie will be at his office,' Huey said

' And what makes you say that, Huey?' Beakley managed to question.

' He is definitely lying, ' Louie said ' And I had a hunch that he knows the security inside out. '

Scrooge pondered, and sighed. ' Alright then. Panchito, Esmeralda, Nestor, Marcia and Enrique, keep an eye on the kids. Whatever you do, do not make the kids get hurt. '

' Si, senor McDuck!' Esmeralda and Panchito saluted Scrooge, and went to accompany the kids on their search for clues.