Chapter 1: The Beginning

Chapter 1

On the planet Atheus, in a country called Decathon, a boy was living in a rundown neighbourhood. He had pitch black hair and was quite skinny and was seen doing strange actions in front of a small dirty mirror in his bare rundown room consisting of a cupboard and a small bed. He would do weird poses and try to blow air from his mouth. If anyone saw him, they might think that there is something wrong with him.

"Damn it! Still nothing? Will I always stay like this?" the boy groaned in disappointment.

The boy, Max, is a 16 year old student. He lived in the state of Venislena in the country of Decathon. All his life he was weak and not that special. He lived in a society where the talented and rich were treated highly. Talent and power were respected while the weak and poor were cast aside.

Superpowers were the norm and it's frowned upon to not have any powers. Unfortunately, for Max, he was weak. He had no powers. His parents were farmers living in the countryside paying for his education in the town. His classmates despised him while his teachers found him worthless.

However, on that day, everything changed for him. When Max got ready for his class, he felt something was different. He wasn't sure what it was until he heard a voice out of nowhere.

[Welcome Max. I am your system guide.]

"What? Who is this? Who's voice is this!?" Max shouted while looking around frantically. He was sure that he heard a robotic voice in his head. Max thought he was getting robbed.

[Please calm down. I am your system guide. I am here to help you. I want you to think "Open system" in your head and everything will be revealed.]

Max hearing the voice again, tried to make sure it was real and decided to think about what the voice said to him.

"Open System"

[System]

Name: Max

Level: 1

Experience: 0/5

Points: 0

Abilities: None

[Welcome Max. You have been gifted with the system. With this all your dreams can come true.]

As Max heard that, he felt a wave of information flowing into his head. He felt like he received an epiphany. He felt all his questions being answered.

"Oh." He said anticlimactically.

From what he could gather, the system was granted to him by someone. But he could not figure out who it was as the information was not given to him. Secondly, as he levels up he can get stronger and get various abilities.

He also found out about a shop function inside the system but decided to leave it alone as he did not have any points to use.

Max closed the system and rushed to school as he did not want to be late. Max studies in Rexton Academy. The teachers and students were equally bad. He had no choice to study here as his parents were poor farmers.

Rexton academy is a combat school. Combat schools are very easy to get into as the Union government(a leading government organisation) is always looking for more soldiers. These soldiers are mostly needed to explore planets and to maintain security in various planets. Max joined the combat school due to a sole reason. Let alone the outstanding fees that have to be paid, he did not have any abilities thus no other schools were going to accept him. Sadly, it was the worst decision he ever made.