Chapter 33: Meet Up

It's the next 5 days, and I'm trying to keep my mind off of Tom, but it's not working. I thought that we would spend the rest of our lives together, have kids and be happy. I haven't spoken to either Tom or Harrison yet. I need some time by myself to calm down. Yes, I did this so I wouldn't lose either of them in my life, but I did lose Tom as my love of my life.

I'm currently at my parents house again, and I was planning on talking to Harrison, telling him the news later, but I got a call from him.

"Hey, Haz," I say, once I pick up the phone.

"Hey. I feel like we should talk about what happened when... you know."

"Uh, yea sure. When were you thinking?"

"Can you come to my apartment at 3?"

"Yea, I'll be there." We both said our good-byes, and soon enough, the call ended. He seem, sad, but he also seemed to have a plan. I look at my phone and see that it is a quarter past 2.

I get out of Tom's sweatshirt, knowing I shouldn't go there in it and I take a nice, warm shower, trying to pull myself together. I braided my wet hair, and didn't bother putting on any make up. No point in trying. I grab a pair of leggings and a t-shirt, and put them on. I grabbed my slip on vans, and started to head out the door.

I drive over to his apartment, and head into the building. I softly knock on his door, and the door opens to someone I didn't expect. Tom.

He looks terrible, I mean he looks like he's been through a lot. He has under eye bags, his eyes were red, and he reeks of alcohol. "Uh, hi," is all I manage to say. Seeing him upset breaks my heart. I just want to pull him into my arms and tell him everything will be okay, but I can't.

"Hey. Uh, not trying to be rude but what are you doing here?" Tom says. I can hear the sadness in his voice. He is in as much pain as I am, but I can't show that. I need to be strong for us, for me.

"Harrison told me he wanted to talk to me," I say. "What are you doing here?"

"Uh, well, I have been staying with Haz, since they told me that I should stay with someone for a couple of weeks," Tom replies.

I just nod my head, knowing I should be taking care of him right now. Then I see Harrison walking up behind Tom. "Hey, Haz."

"Hey, y/n. I actually wanted to talk to both of you," Harrison says. I look over at Tom, and he just looks down to his feet. "Please, just come sit on the couch." We didn't say anything, and we headed to the living room.

I sit in the armed chair, when Tom and Harrison sit on the couch, Tom furthest from me. It pains me that he won't even make eye contact for me. I just wish everything would go back to the way it was before we went to Atlanta.

We sat there for what seemed like hours, in silence. No one knew what to say. I'm sure Tom told Harrison about us not being together, but why would he bring me here. I'm sure Tom doesn't want me here, he's trying to get over me.

"I heard what you guys were talking about the day Tom woke up," Harrison says. I look at him with confusion.

"Uh, what did you hear?" I ask.

"That you guys aren't together anymore because of me," Harrison says. I looked up at Tom, and we made eye contact before we both looked away. "I was thinking about myself, and not about you guys, and how you still put my feelings first before your relationship kills me and I'm sorry."

I don't say anything, I don't even make eye contact with either of them. "I just didn't want to lose either of you in case it ended badly, but it looks like I'm the reason that it did," Harrison adds.

"Mate, what are you trying to say?" Tom asks.

"I want the two of you to be together, and I'm serious. Both of you look so miserable without each other, and it's my fault, so I need to fix it." I look up at Harrison, and he is sincerely sorry.

"Are you sure about this? Because last time you kind of flipped out on the fact that we were getting married," I say.

"Of course I'm sure. I want you guys to be happy," Harrison says. Harrison and I both got up, and embraced each other in a hug. "I'm sorry for putting you through all of this. I love you," Harrison says.

"I love you too Harrison," I say.

"I let you guys have some space," Harrison says. He walks out of the room, and I immediately pull Tom into a hug. I wrapped my arms around his neck, and he wraps his around my waist. I missed him.

"I love you y/n," Tom mumbled in the crook of my neck.

"I love you too Tommy," I say. We stood there for a moment, just enjoying each other's embrace.

We let go, and we just look at each other. "Um, do you still want to marry me?" Tom asks, his voice trembling.

"Why would I say no?" I say, and a smile breaks out on both of our faces.