10

Peter had been thrown into a small arena. Next he heard and saw people crowding around the area. After that Peter saw several other humanoids armed with spartan-like weapons. It was within this moment it came to him.

Peter remembered how gladiators in Roman and Greek empires would battle to the death in a colosseum. He also remembered how people would come there just to see blood and guts be shed. Peter had spent a lot of time at museums growing up in life. To study, for fun, for learning, and so on.

Peter had quickly drawn his knife and was ready to defend himself. Within doing so one of the gladiators had charged at Peter. He quickly dodged. It was within this moment Peter remembered something. It turned out that within the past days, getting his ass kicked by Akarra had taught him a thing or to. As the gladiator tried attacking for a second time, Peter not only dodge the menace's attack, but also sweeped his leg. Quickly within one move, Peter had stabbed his knife into the warrior's chest and watched as the life drained from his eyes. It was within this moment something came over Peter. Something he hadn't felt in a long time now. Something he hadn't felt since his time in the war. Peter had once again become bloodlust.

Now he picked up the deceased warrior's shield and spear and began fighting off the others. One by one Peter killed off the other warriors. With each kill Peter had become more and more bloodlust. It was like he was being stripped away from his humanity. He had finished off the last warrior by stabbing him until he stopped moving. Once he did stop moving, he held it in his torso as deep as it could go before yanking it out of his torso. In a faded moment Peter had heard a voice that had snapped him out of his bloodlust.

"Peter!" It was Akarra. She and Agathri had been pushing through the crowds trying to get to him. She had been held back by two guards. Just then the champion came out. He had Extra long wrist blades, skulls around his entire body, and markings all over his mask.

Ignoring Akarra's cries, Peter had charged at this menace. They clashed as Peter tried his best to tune out Akarra. Just then the champion had slammed Peter off his feet. Before he even hit the ground the cruel brute had kicked him in the face, knocking Peter on his back. As Peter looked to the side he had been trying to get up. "Akarra," the only words Peter managed to say before turning on to his stomach trying to get up. Halfway, the champion had given Peter a hard kick in the stomach. Peter had felt like a punching bag at this point as he took off his mask. Slowly the champion had raised Peter in the air by his life-jacket and webbing. It was at this moment Peter saw something that broke Akarra's heart. Two long, sharp blades had been sticking out of his torso. Akarra screamed as tears rained down her face. Realizing he couldn't breathe, Peter had looked up and saw a white light as he then turned his head at the tear jerking Akarra as she rushed into the arena. That was the last thing he saw before he closed his eyes and took his final breath.