14

Peter had been woken up by someone shaking him. "You can't sleep here." It was Agathri. "Got much of a name?" She asked. Peter tried talking but remembering he couldn't. He looked as if he tried to express what he was saying. "Not much of a talker I'm guessing?" Agathri said, judging by Peter's expression. "Welp, here's some money to buy yourself something." She handed Peter the currency and approached the guards. Peter looked at the currency. It seemed like the pounds the British and English used in the 18th century. The thing was it was different in its own way. Without even acting out thanking her or trying to tell her who he really was, Peter rushed to the market.

At the Market there were quite a few people. It didn't seem as busy as it was yesterday. Peter guessed the time it must have been was a lunch rush or something. As if it had been his first time on his own going to a store, Peter slowly approached a shop owner. Agathri must have given him a lot because Peter was able to buy a quarter-pound of meat and receive change. As Peter would exit not looking where he was going, he ran into a familiar face. It was Akarra. Peter panicked on the inside not being able to express it on the outside and not knowing what to say. "I'm sorry," said Akarra, "this isn't like me." Peter had used sign language that translated to: 'I'm sorry to bump into you. I was just passing by.'

"That seems like a lot of meat for just one breakfast." Akarra said, noticing what Peter was carrying. Akarra's curiosity had gotten the best of her. "Do you have a family?" Akarra asked. Peter had shaken his head. "A place to live?" Akarra asked. Peter had shaken his head slowly this time. Not always seeing it entirely, Akarra was actually a very nice and caring person unlike most yautjas. "Would you like to stay with me until you can find a place of your own?" She asked. Peter nodded his head.

When they had arrived Peter had been surprised. The place hadn't changed at all. It was almost just like Peter remembered it. While Akarra was in her room Peter had been looking and saw one thing different. It was a framed picture of Peter and his family before he left for the war. Underneath it read Peter Thomas. Dear human, dear lover 1925-1941. It was like a bit of a grave. This had plucked at Peter's heartstrings with sadness. He hadn't wondered what was happening back home until now.

He pictured what actually happened is that his mother would be greeted by a military official who would then inform his mother that her youngest child Peter had been shot down over the North Atlantic. He'd then tell her they found his crew dead and pieces of his plane in the ocean. He'd inform her that it was most likely Peter had died in the crash, before the military official would leave. While crying, Peter's mother would inform Peter's sister Anna that her little brother was dead. The two would then try and comfort one another as they'd both cry over the fact that Anna's little brother and his Mother's youngest son had died after his father.

This was sad for Peter until he then turned his attention towards Akarra. It seemed that Akarra's still grieving over Peter's death. Peter wanted to try to tell her who he was. That he was the human she knew and truly loved. For some reason he just couldn't bring himself to do it. He decided to find the right moment to tell Akarra.

At night it had been Peter's first time sleeping in a bed since the year before. Peter had wondered what was happening back on Earth before falling into a deep sleep.

Peter had woken up and realized he was back on the ship. He was fully human wearing his dress uniform, and Akarra was resting on his lap. It then came to Peter, he was back where he was when he had just made out with Akarra and accepted their romantic relationship. For some reason he had woken up before Akarra left to call Agathri. Not knowing, Akarra had slightly woken up. Peter had looked down smiling a bit. "Something wrong Peter?" Akarra asked. "No," responded Peter. "I'm just thinking about my mother and sister back home. You see, when a person in the RAF goes missing or is killed we'd have someone from the military come to their families and inform them that the person did not make it."

"It must be hard," Akarra said resting her head back down on Peter's lap. "When we were first ordered to bail out I was scared," Peter explained. "The water in the Atlantic is bloody freezing. I'd give you at least an hour before you freeze to death. I was afraid I was either going to die or be captured. I've heard the Germans do terrible things to prisoners." The two would fall silent. "Do you ever get scared Akarra?" Peter then asked Akarra. "Yes," said Akarra. "Whenever I see something fly past me I feel one of those shots will end my life. Everyone gets scared Peter. It's what keeps us living." Akarra then went back to sleep. Peter stroked her dreadlocks and back before falling asleep himself.