12

Peter had floated in mid air as the god and his goddess half prepared for the ritual. "Now Peter," said Ikaros, "this will be by far the most agonizing pain any mortal will ever experience as we transform your blood cells and skin."

"I'm ready for it." Peter said reassuringly. "Very well." Ikaros and Phobos said, looking at each other. Soon it began. The two were correct. This was the worst pain anyone could ever experience. He could see his skin turn a shade of green and become scaly as mesh covered his entire body. His body grew, his toes grew sharp and clawed. His nail's grew. As his clothes changed as well he wasn't done yet. His hair retracted into his head as he grew in dreadlocks. His mouth and jaw had also changed as they turned into mandibles. Last but not least, his eyes changed to the colors black and hazle. The worst part was his mask, which had burnt into his face. Finally, after that event of sheer pain and agony, he was ready. "One last thing," said Ikaros, "from now on your new yautja is to be A'kan'te. Now by the power destined in us..." Phobos joined in. "...we give you the new life and reincarnation as one of us, and to walk as one of us. We wish you the best of luck in your search for the one you truly love."

And with those last words Peter had disappeared from the meadow. Peter had reappeared on the roof of a building. As instructed, Peter could not talk no matter how hard he tried. He could move his mouth but nothing would come out of his voice. He looked around and soon spotted Akarra. She was walking down the streets with Agathri. To Peter, every time he looked at her was just like when he saw her for the first time. She didn't look so different, except for the fact she had some new markings on her mask and some new skulls on her belt. Peter then began to listen in on their conversation. "Look Akarra," said Agathri, "as your friend I'm just suggesting you move on and try to find someone new. I'm pretty sure there are many males who would care for you like he did."

"There is no one in the universe who could replace him." Akarra snapped back. "I know it's been a year since he died but I miss him more than anything. Every day I wake up hoping to see him on the couch doing his own thing." Peter hearing this began to tear up through his mask. "I just wish to have him back in my life," Akarra said to Agathri. "More than anything."

"I understand Akarra." Agathri said. She understood what Akarra was going through. "But I don't think the gods will ever bring him back." The two continued walking as Peter followed.