Chapter IV: Cats and Crows

"Rivalry doesn't help anybody." (Peter Jackson)

Nekoma and Karasuno--the cats vs the crows. Karasuno is another mafia group that has gained popularity in the past three years. Their leader, Daichi Sawamura, is calm and collected--a born leader. And his second in command Sugawara Koshi is a force to be reckoned with. He is perceptive, sly, and has the utmost respect of all of Karasuno. Daichi and Sugawara together, along with their other talented members have become a force to reckon with in the past year. Since Karasuno's headquarters are only located within an hour of Nekoma's, the two mafias have constantly butted heads when it came to territory and power. 

Y/N's first encounter with Karasuno is one that she'll never forget. As her and Kuroo were scouting around a nearby area in search of an assassination target for a mission, they had run into those pesky crows.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As Y/N and Kuroo made their way through the quiet city's alleyways, Y/N suddenly felt the air become tense.

"Kuroo, get down!" Tackling Kuroo to the ground, she heard the sound of a bullet fly by, narrowly missing both her and Kuroo. Quickly hiding behind the nearest garbage bin, they both scanned the area in search for where the bullet had come from. 

"Those idiots. I told them just to shoot a warning shot, not almost murder them."

"They're still in training Daichi, what more did you expect?"

Kuroo and Y/N immediately had guns drawn as they turned around and pointed them towards where two pairs of footsteps were slowly approaching from the entrance of the alleyway. 

"No need for violence, sorry about that. You know how new trainees can be, don't you Y/N and Kuroo of Nekoma?"

Daichi and Sugawara approached them, hands raised innocently showing that they weren't armed. Behind them, two more figures were approaching. A short boy with bright orange hair and a lean figure behind him that had jet black hair and piercing blue eyes.

Y/N had heard rumors about a new mafia that had been gaining in popularity lately. A mafia that had a newbie freak sniper duo-- a duo that included a boy with bright orange hair--Karasuno.

"Karasuno I presume? I've heard rumors about you all this past year. To what do we owe the pleasure?" Kuroo put his gun away, motioning for Y/N to do the same as she reluctantly complied. 

Daichi approached Kuroo and offered his hand. Kuroo grabbed it in greeting, the air tense around them. Daichi had a smile on his face as he shook Kuroo's hand, however it was anything but a warm and welcoming smile. His smile was a warning-- a warning to not make a wrong move.

"Actually, a few moments ago, you two entered our territory. I know we're new around here so I thought it'd be nice of us to introduce ourselves and let you off with a warning."

Kuroo scoffed as he was met with the piercing gaze of the blue eyed sniper who had nearly taken his head off. The orange haired sniper next to him pulled on his sleeve to grab his attention. 

"Don't stare Kageyama, it's rude."

"Shut up Hinata you idiot. Can't you read the mood?"

The two bickered back and forth before Sugawara delivered a slap to the back of both of their heads. Sugawara then made his way in front of Y/N, his calm and sharp gaze meeting her's.

"I'm sorry about those two idiots. They weren't supposed to aim for you, but I think they got too excited. I'm sure you know how exhilarating it can be to take down your opponent, don't you Y/N--or should I call you by your nickname, Nekoma's Jaguar?"