Chapter XXIX: The Unexpected

Author's Note: WOW, over 10k views! To be honest I never expected this story to even get one view so that fact that it has over 10k blows my mind. I just wanted to take a second to thank you all for reading and supporting! This chapter marks the start of the last arc of the story! Still got a ways to go, so thank you for sticking with me throughout this process! I hope you all continue to enjoy reading! :)

"There are some moments in life, that change us forever." (Mimi Novic) 

"Chibi-chan, you sure you wanna do this?"

Kuroo watched as Y/N nervously paced up and down the hallway that lead to the main hall where everyone was gathered and waiting. 

"What? Yeah I'm--I'm totally fine.."

Sensing Y/N's nerves, Kuroo quickly pulled her into an embrace, his lips stealing hers in a slow and sensual kiss.

"It's okay babe. Calm down, I got you. I'll be right there next to you the whole time. And if for some reason no one wants to help, we'll just take our asses to Tokyo and wreak some havoc ourselves alright?" 

Y/N couldn't help but smile at Kuroo's words. He really was the man who would follow her to the ends of the earth-- to hell and back, if it meant making her happy. 

Squeezing her hand in reassurance, Kuroo led Y/N into the main hall where everyone had gathered. Y/N could feel multiple pairs of eyes on her as she walked into the room-- the tension in the air slowly weighing down on her. 

"If you gathered us for another one of your motivational speeches, I'll have to pass."

Kageyama's annoyed voice broke the tension in the room as he stared at Y/N, his dark blue eyes impassive. Before Y/N had a chance to reply, the great king himself starting laughing--his laughter already causing a pissed off Kageyama to glare in his direction.

"Awe come on Tobio-chan. Why do you always have to be so cold? Aren't we all supposed to be friends now? That's no way to talk to--"

"Shut up Oikawa. I would never be friends with the likes of you. You're just a sly asshole who--"

"That's enough!"

Y/N let go of Kuroo's hand and walked towards the center of the room--her commanding presence and voice stopping the two boys from bickering any further.

"I need help-- I need everyone's help."

Those words seemed to freeze time as everyone directed their attention back to Y/N, their gazes stuck on her. Tsukishima's eyes  widened in surprise as did Oikawa's-- the both of them immediately taking a guess as to where this was going.

"My sister-- she's in danger. Kuroo and I are heading out tonight and we could use all the help we can get."

The first to respond was surprisingly Kenma, his soft voice breaking the silence as he looked up from his phone.

"Sister? You've never mentioned your family before."

"Yeah you're right Kenma," Yaku said as he scratched his head in confusion. "I thought maybe you were an orphan or something Y/N." 

Y/N smiled sadly at Yaku's words, her mind imagining just how much her life would have been different if she grew up without the parents that had forced her into a life of crime and violence.

"An orphan huh? I guess that's fair since I've never told you all anything about my past... it's not something I like to talk about much, but I need--no I want to. I can't keep hiding this secret from all of you so please-- let me share my story."