Chapter XXV: The Favor

"Friendship is an arrangement  by which we undertake to exchange small favors for big ones." (Montesquieu) 

"Such a disappointment, is this all you can handle?" 

Y/N struggled to hold back her screams as her body shook in pain. Tendo used her own daggers against her as he left painful cuts all over her body. The wounds were made just deep enough to hurt like hell, but not deep enough to kill her. 

"Aren't you getting tired of this game? I know I am-- maybe we could make it a bit more fun."

Y/N flinched as Tendo's fingers slowly ran down her cheek-- his breath fanning the side of her face.

"How about I scar up that pretty little face of yours? That way that four-eyes won't even be able to stand the sight of you."

Filled with rage at Tendo's words, Y/N took advantage of the sudden close proximity and slammed her forehead against his, the sheer force knocking him back a few feet.

"Fuck you, creepy bastard."

Rubbing his forehead in pain, Tendo slowly made his way back towards Y/N. As he approached, he wasted no time as his hand found its way towards her throat. 

"You're starting to piss me off little jaguar. Maybe we should just kill you right now and save us the trouble"

As his hand tightened around her throat, Y/N struggled to breath-- the oxygen quickly being taken away from her lungs. Her wrists burned in pain as they struggled against the restraints, but to no avail. 

"What's wrong? Getting hard to breath? If I just tighten my grip a little more I could--"

"Tendo-- that's enough."

Ushijima's deep voice immediately caused Tendo's grip to loosen. The sudden flow of oxygen caused Y/N to cough harshly as she gasped for air. The hand on her throat was slowly pulled away, Ushijima's emotionless eyes staring down at her. As Tendo walked away in annoyance, he was replaced with Ushijima. Kneeling in front of Y/N, Ushijima's cold gaze locked her in place-- both of them refusing to look away.

"Come to Shiratorizawa."

"Is that all you know how to say or something? What I'm really getting tired of is hearing those damn words come out of your mouth."

"But, that's what I want you to do. What should I say then?"

Rolling her eyes, Y/N observed the giant man kneeling in front of her. The lack of emotion behind his words, his cold eyes, and his calm demeanor. She knew that in an one on one fight, she wouldn't stand a chance against his sheer power-- her chances being even worse with Tendo there to back him up. Knowing this, she tried doing the only thing she could do-- buy time.

"I don't know-- maybe for once you can ask nicely? You think kidnapping and torturing me is the way to win me over? Maybe if you had just asked me without attacking my friends, I would've thought it over." 

Silence filled the room as Ushijima stared back at Y/N. Even though he had a blank stare, Y/N could tell that he was thinking over what she had said.

Come on-- fall for it you damn robot.

Y/N flinched in surprise as Ushijima's large hands were place on her shoulders. Even Tendo seemed to look on in surprise at Ushijima's sudden actions. The air became tense as both Y/N and Tendo waited for Ushijima's response.

"Please-- come to Shiratorizawa."

Tendo's laughter filled the room as Y/N threw her head back in annoyance. Meanwhile a confused Ushijima stood up, his gaze traveling back and forth between a laughing Tendo and an annoyed Y/N.