Chapter XV: Destiny

"The starved beast, sensing the prey, was restless." (Mukta Singh-Zocchi, The Thugs and a Courtesan) 

"All right everyone--so why Johzenji may not be the biggest group around, their unpredictable nature is what makes them strong. Thanks to Oikawa we were able to get the location of their headquarters. Our plan is to use their lack of numbers against them with a full head on attack, Karasuno's specialty." Daichi grinned as he began to explain the plan to everyone while nodding to Kuroo motioning for him to carry on with the specifics.

"Freak Duo, you'll be in charge of making sure no one escapes. If we don't wipe Johzenji out entirely, Fukurodani won't join our side. Tsukishima and Y/N, you'll be on the front lines since--"

Kuroo stopped as he looked around the room unable to find Y/N. Everyone seemed to catch onto Kuroo's unease as they looked around the room noticing Y/N was indeed not among them. Tsukishima's eyes widened as he realized that Y/N had disappeared without him even noticing.

How the hell--I saw her head back up here just a few minutes ago...

"Kuroo--"

Kenma's soft, but commanding voice halted all panic in the room as everyone turned their attention towards him. Kenma's eyes were trained on his phone as he seemed to be watching some sort of video.

"Y/N--she took your motorcycle. She's already gone." Kenma flipped his phone over so that everyone could see. The security feed on his phone showed Y/N taking Kuroo's bike and speeding off. 

"Fuck! That sneaky little--" Kuroo quickly took out his phone and dialed Y/N's number. To his relief she answered almost immediately. 

"Where the hell do you think you're going!?" Kuroo screamed into the phone as everyone else quietly watched the leader of Nekoma lose his cool.

"I was getting a bit restless. I called Oikawa and he gave me the address so I decided to head out first." Y/N replied, the sound of the motorcycle's engine in the background.

"Oikawa? Why didn't that bastard tell me that you--"

"Don't worry, I'll try and save a little bit of action for you all. You better hurry up though--I'm not gonna be able to hold myself back much."

Kuroo could hear the seriousness behind Y/N's voice, the concentration in her tone eminent-- the concentration that Kuroo has witnessed first hand when Y/N is hunting her prey.

"Did Akaashi really get under your skin that much?" Kuroo asked quietly, realizing that all of Nekoma as well as Karasuno were listening to their conversation.

"I know that sly bastard is watching me somewhere. It's time to show that bastard just how ruthless Nekoma's jaguar can be." 

Y/N's words echoed around the room as she ended the call. Tsukishima's eyes widened at the exact words she had said to him only minutes earlier.

Shit, I didn't think that she meant--

Tsukishima's thoughts were interrupted as an obviously annoyed Kuroo slammed his foot down in frustration. 

"Plans are stupid anyways. Let's go kill some bastards before there's no one left to kill." 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"It's time to show that bastard just how ruthless Nekoma's jaguar can be." Y/N hung up the phone quickly before Kuroo had a chance to yell at her again. 

She knew Kuroo would be pissed as he did have every right to be. She left on her own without telling him and was about to do something he definitely wouldn't have approved of.  Even though she knew she would have to deal with the wrath of a pissed off Kuroo later, Y/N couldn't help her actions as Akaashi's amused eyes and taunting words kept replaying in her head. She could still feel his eyes on her, knowing that somewhere in the shadows he was most likely watching her as she approached Johzenji's headquarters. 

"You wanna see what Nekoma's infamous jaguar can do? I'll show you ya bastard." 

Y/N parked Kuroo's motorcycle as she approached the gates of Johzenji's headquarters. Her mind was concentrated as she recalled her earlier conversation with Oikawa.

"To what do I owe the pleasure little miss jaguar?"

"I need Johzenji's Headquarters address."

"I already gave that to Kuroo about a minute ago. Why don't you ask him--"

"I can't. Please, I need it now." Y/N begged.

"I guess Kuroo doesn't own you after all. It sounds like you need my help. However helping you for free would be no fun. What can I get in--"

"I'll owe you a favor--whenever and whatever you want. I swear it...please Oikawa."

Oikawa chuckled into the phone--it was obvious to Y/N that he was clearly enjoying himself. 

"Hmmm...I never thought I'd hear you of all  people beg me for help. This is almost as entertaining as it would be if Tobio-chan were asking for my help. Fine, you have a deal. Oh and do be careful, favors are worthless if the one who owes it is dead."

As much as Y/N hated pleading to the great king to help her, she was glad she did. The thought of owing someone as cynical as Oikawa a favor made her uneasy, but she did her best to throw that unease into the back of her mind for now as she approached Johzenji's headquarters.

Looking around, she noticed that there were no security cameras and only two guards on duty. Johzenji is known for being a reckless and unorganized mafia and Y/N could already see why that was. They were also known for being a rather small organization. They only consisted of eight main members and maybe five or ten more unskilled members. The deadliest of the eight being their leader Yuji Terushima and his second in command--probably their smartest and most thoughtful member-- Hana Misaki. Y/N started to become excited just thinking about fighting the two of them head on, her pulse quickening as she approached the guards. 

As Y/N approached the guards one of them signaled for her to stop.

"Hey little miss, I think you're at the wrong place. You should turn around and--"

Before he had a chance to finish his sentence, Y/N slit his throat while simultaneously shooting the other guard in the gut--the silencer on her gun preventing any noise from warning the others inside.

"Sorry boys, business is business."

Y/N flung the blood off of her dagger, her heart already beating excitedly at the thought of the blood that would be shed as soon as she entered inside their headquarters. 

"You've been running from this path your whole life--but I really think it's the path that suits you the most. Don't you, Chibi-chan?"

Kuroo's words when he had first seen her kill somebody replayed in Y/N's head. She couldn't deny the exhilarated feeling she had felt as her dagger tore through the guards throat. Her hands tightened around her weapons as the smell of blood excited her. 

Y/N let her instincts run wild as she kicked open Johzenji's front door, sending a bullet right between the eyes of a surprised Johzenji's member and a dagger between another surprised member's eyes--killing them both instantaneously.  A wicked smile spread across Y/N's face as more members of Johzenji rushed towards her. 

You're right Kuroo, you've always been. This bloody path--it must be what people call destiny.