Chapter XXII: Powerful Opponents

Author's Note: I just wanted to start this chapter by thanking you all for your continuous support and love! Honestly, I started writing this thinking no one would ever read it, so it amazes me that this story has had over 4k views! Thank you all again for your support! I hope you enjoy this new chapter! :)

"The rush of battle is often a potent and lethal addiction, for war is a drug." (Chris Hedges) 

"Testing, testing-- can everyone hear me?"

Kiyoko's quiet voice emitted through everyone's ear pieces.

"Yes my dear Kiyoko we can--"

"Tanaka not now. Yes we can hear you loud and clear Kiyoko." Daichi's commanding voice interrupted.

"Okay we are all set. We have eyes around the building--for now. Shiratorizawa is known to have a pretty skilled hacker so I'm sure he'll try to take our systems down. Everyone keep your guards up." Kenma's soft, but concentrated voice rang out through the ear pieces. 

Everyone got to their positions, the immense concentration filling Fukurodani's compound. Now there was only one thing left that they could do-- play the waiting game.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"So, what was it that you and the king talked about?"

After two hours of waiting, Y/N finally broke the silence that had settled between her and Tsukishima. After coming back from his talk with Kageyama, Tsukishima hadn't said a word-- his mind seemed to be focused on something else. 

Y/N's voice interrupted Tsukishima's thoughts-- his head snapping towards her.

"Nothing that concerns a shorty like you."

"Excuse me? We're back to that are we? How many times do I have to tell you that I'm not--"

Tsukishima quickly closed the distance between them-- his tall stature towering over Y/N causing her to take a step back as she tried to regain her composure.

"Of course someone of your height is a pipsqueak to me-- but you like the height difference don't you? It's written all over that blushing face of yours."

At Tsukishima's forwardness, Y/N took a step back-- creating more distance between them. Her eyes met his, the playful glint in his eyes challenging her. Before she had a chance to reply, Y/N felt the hair on the back of her neck stand up-- the air slowly becoming thinner as a tense aura filled the area. 

"Tsukki--"

"I know-- get ready."

Tsukishima turned around in just enough time as someone rushed towards him-- a dagger flying towards his head. As he clashed daggers with his attacker, Y/N was nearly able to avoid being crushed as a swift kick was sent flying towards her-- her arms quickly forming a shield as she protected her face. The force of the kick was so strong, it sent her back a few feet--her body just barely able to keep its balance. 

"Well what do we have here? An annoying four-eyes and Nekoma's jaguar herself? Must be our lucky day Wakatoshi, you enjoy your time with miss jaguar-- I'll keep four-eyes over here entertained."

"Y/N, just hang on a little I'll be right--"

Tsukishima was interrupted as another powerful strike came towards his face-- his dagger clashing once again with his attacker's blade. 

"You shouldn't underestimate me so easily. Let them have their fun-- I promise to keep you plenty entertained. My name is Tendo Satori-- nice to meet you four-eyes-kun."