Chapter XXXII: Returning Home

"Maybe this isn't home, nor ever was- maybe home is where I have to go tonight. Home is the place where when you go there, you have to finally face the thing in the dark."
     (Stephen King, IT) 

"You're still letting her come with us!?"

Y/N watched as multiple pairs of shocked eyes met hers as Kuroo told everyone the news. Tsukishima was the first to step forward, as he yelled at Kuroo. 

"You know as well as I do Tsukishima-- fuck it you all should know by now. Y/N will find a way to get to Tokyo no matter what I do so I figured the safest place for her would be by my side."

"Exactly! Kuroo and I already discussed this so there's no point in arguing. Guess you'll just have to make sure you can protect yourself this time Tsukki."

Y/N stuck her tongue out playfully at a frustrated Tsukishima. Sighing in resignation, Tsukishima turned around and made his way into one of the vans without another word.

"For once, I agree with four-eyes."

Kageyama's low voice rang out causing all the attention to land on him. His harsh blue eyes met Y/N's gaze, the concern in them hidden behind his cold gaze.

"But do whatever you want. Just don't slow us down idiot."

"Hey Kageyama! That wasn't very nice!'

Hinata followed after Kageyama as he headed towards one of the vans, but not before looking back and smiling widely at Y/N.

"You'd never slow us down! Pregnant or not, you're still super strong so I know you'll be fine!"

Y/N nodded gratefully towards Hinata before he bounded off after Kageyama. Daichi then took a step forward as he scratched the back of his neck and nodded apologetically towards Y/N and Kuroo.

"Sorry about those idiots. They're just concerned and probably aren't sure how to express that. We've all grown close after what's happened and those boys, though Kageyama and Tsukishima might not admit it, they really care for you Y/N. You're family now, so if you need anything please-- don't be afraid to ask."

Daichi bowed slightly before running off to calm down Hinata and Kageyama who were already arguing as they sat next to each other in the van. Y/N was then caught off guard as Iwaizumi quickly approached her, his hands landing on both of her shoulders and his intense gaze trapping her blue eyes.

"This time, I'll take the bullet for you-- don't get hurt on my behalf."

Y/N nodded silently knowing that Iwaizumi wouldn't take no for an answer. Satisfied with her agreement, Iwaizumi headed to the first van and filled the last spot as he sat in the passenger seat next to Daichi.  

"So you're finally deciding to keep Mrs. jaguar over here on a tight leash huh? It's about time though I personally would leave that leash tied up at home. It's true you may not be that far along, but any vital injuries could cause extreme damage to the baby or even a miscarriage. Try not to be too reckless alright Y/N?"

Y/N was surprised by the hint of care in Akaashi's voice as his gaze met hers. His face remained emotionless, but Y/N knew that under that mask there was someone who cared for his comrades-- his friends.

"Just for you Akaashi I'll try my best, but no promises!"

Akaashi rolled his eyes, a small smirk on his face before turning around and heading to the second van leaving just the four members of Nekoma left. Lev quickly enveloped Y/N in a hug, picking her up and twirling in a circle.

"Lev, put her down you idiot! You're gonna make her nauseous!"

Y/N felt her feet being lowered to the ground as Lev groaned in pain and rubbed the back of his head. As soon as he put her down Yaku sent another slap to the back of Lev's head and then took Y/N and Kuroo by surprise as he quickly wrapped his arms around the both of them. Yaku wasn't one to show much physical affection, even Lev stopped to watch in awe at the sight in front of him.