Chapter Two - Twin Missions

News soon spread across Atmos of Knightmare's latest victims. For months, Knightmare had slaughtered Sky Knight squadrons with no survivors. One day, Starling made her way to Terra Atmosia to speak with the Sky Council. As she reached the chambers of the Sky Council, she met with Aerys, leader of the Sky Council.

Aerys: Starling. What brings you away from Terra Mesa?

Starling: I know about what happened at Klockstoppia.

Aerys: It is most unfortunate. This is the tenth squadron Knightmare has killed this week

Starling: What do you know about Knightmare?

Aerys: Not much I'm afraid. All we know is his name and allegiance to the Cyclonian Empire.

Starling had heard stories about Knightmare. But she wasn't interested in stories. She was interested in tracking him down. 

Starling: We can't let this....thing continue to kill Sky Knights. 

Aerys: Believe me, I know. But Knightmare has proven impossible to track. Our best scouts have so far been unable to track him down. 

Starling: Let me track him. You know I'm one of the best trackers in Atmos. I know I can find him. 

Aerys: Knightmare is not your typical Talon. He's....something different. Something monstrous. Even the Nightcrawlers had some humanity to them. 

Starling was no stranger to dangerous tasks. To her, Knightmare was no different from Repton or the Raptors. Starling then had flashbacks to how she lost the Interceptors at the hands of Repton and the Raptors. 

Starling: I'm not afraid of him. His crimes end now. 

Aerys: I've never seen such evil and brutality ever in my life. Even Dark Ace himself would never go to such barbarism. 

Starling: I know what Knightmare's capable of. I've seen what he could do. I've seen the bodies. 

Aerys: I'm not trying to talk you out of it, but I need you to understand the risk you're taking here. Knightmare has killed many skilled Sky Knights. 

Starling was aware of the risks that would come from this mission. She knew she could very well end up victim of Knightmare if she wasn't careful. Despite the risks, Knightmare presented a threat to Sky Knights and she couldn't allow him to continue. 

Starling: That's a risk I'm willing to take. 

At that moment, Starling made his her personal mission to track down Knightmare and end his reign of terror. She wasn't about to let Knightmare kill another Sky Knight. Meanwhile, Knightmare found himself in what appeared to be a blackened void. Knightmare remained silent as he walked through the void. Suddenly, he woke up in a stasis pod. He looked around and no longer sees the blackened void. He sees the lab beyond his stasis pod. Soon enough, Master Cyclonis and the Merbian mad scientist Doctor Skaal stood before his pod. Cyclonis looked at the what laid before her eyes. She saw a man with dark skin with no arms and legs. She looked at his chest and saw a Crystal where his heart should be. 

Master Cyclonis: Fascinating.....

Skaal: I'm glad you appreciate my work, Master Cyclonis. It took years, but as you can see, Knightmare has achieved astounding results in the past few moths.

Master Cyclonis watched as fog covered up the stasis pod. Minutes later, Knightmare was in his full armor. His piercing red eyes darted around the room as he approached Master Cyclonis who was sitting on her throne. In the room with her was Skaal and Dark Ace. 

Knightmare: What is your bidding, Master Cyclonis?

Master Cyclonis: Rise, Knightmare. I have a rather important mission for you. Go to Terra Atmosia. Kill Carver. He has outlived his usefulness. Do what must be done. Kill any who stand in your way. Let nothing stop you, Knightmare. 

Knightmare showed no emotion in his eyes. His low and guttural mechanical breathing echoed through the throne room. 

Knightmare: It will be done, Master Cyclonis. 

Knightmare displayed unwavering loyalty to Cyclonis as he got up and left the room. As he left the room, Dark Ace approached his master.

Dark Ace: I do not trust this....thing, Master Cyclonis. 

Skaal: Do not fear, Dark Ace. Knightmare's loyalty is unwavering and his power is without equal. There is none on Atmos that can challenge him.

Dark Ace: That thing is an abomination! It should be destroyed!

Master Cyclonis: Your counsel in noted, but Knightmare has yielded most impressive results. It would be a waste to destroy him. I believe Knightmare will be an invaluable servant to the Cyclonian Empire. 

Dark Ace had his doubts about Knightmare. He never cared for Skaal or his experiments. He saw them unnatural abominations. Still, even he couldn't deny the results Knightmare brought. The way Knightmare killed Sky Knights was brutal yet efficient. Still, Dark Ace saw Knightmare as a dangerous abomination. 

Master Cyclonis: Doctor Skaal. How fares the Mass Shadow Generator?

Skaal: The construction of the Mass Shadow Generator is proceeding ahead of schedule. Keeping it a secret has not been an easy task, but I am confident in it's abilities. 

Master Cyclonis: With the power of the Mass Shadow Generator, Atmos will soon be mine to control. It will all be mine. 

Skaal nods to Master Cyclonis as he exits the throne room to continue on the construction of the Mass Shadow Generator. In the meantime, Knighmare would board on his customized Skimmer and begins the journey to Terra Atmosia to kill Carver in the name of the Cyclonian Empire. Knightmare and Starling were now on a collision course that would end with an inevitable clash.