nine.

i opened up the door to see chase standing there.
oh boy...
i definitely knew this was going to be about the interview.
"hey chase." i said hesitantly.
"uh hey blu. i watched your interview with vogue and uh i hear that everyone thinks there's something going on between us."
"yea sounds like it." i said closing the door behind chase as he walked in. madelyn was our grocery shopping and i really wish i would have gone with her.
"so like i just wanted to tell you that i think i may have some feelings for you, but i don't want to pressure you into anything." he said looking down at his shoes.
i felt bad.
i was going to have to lie to him.
"that's really sweet chase, and you're a good guy, but i just don't really want a boyfriend or anything like that right now. i'm sorry chase."
i said in a sweet voice. i felt horrible.
"it's okay blu. i kinda had a feeling you felt like that, but i just wanted to say something since the interview came out." he said getting up to leave.
"i'll see you later." he said with a sad smile and walked out of my apartment.
i covered my face with my head and sat down on the bar stool.
i really wasn't one for lying, especially to one of my best friends. it's just my feelings for drew have grown over the past few days and i really want something with him.
only him.
i was brought back to reality by a knock on the door once again.
"maddie you are literally not going to belie-" i stopped talking as i opened the door and saw drew standing there.
"shit i thought you were maddie, come in." i said laughing.
"the interview."
"what about it."
"well."
"well..."
"you said we don't have anything." drew said looking kind of upset.
"drew i only said that because of chase dummy." i said lifting his head up.
his eyes got wider.
"oh shit i forgot."
i just rolled my eyes and walked to the kitchen to get a glass of wine.
"yes, and i'm very glad i said we had nothing, because chase was here about 5 minutes ago."
drew looked surprised.
"well what'd he say?"
"he said he has feelings for me and i told him i don't want a boyfriend right now." i said walking back to the living room to sit with drew.
"but... you do want a boyfriend."
"correct."
"and... you want him to be... me?"
"maybe also correct." i said with a smile.
drew laughed at my excitement.
"but like i said before we have to keep whatever we are very lowkey until i feel like chase is ready to hear. he was super bummed about it." i said more serious now.
"yea yea i get it. no kisses no hugs no cuddling when anyone's around. just normal us." he said
"just normal us." i said repeating him.
i wrapped my arms around drew's neck as he pulled me on top of him for a hug.
"this is going to be hard." he whispered.
"no we're adults we have self control." i said reassuring myself more then him.
"i hope so." he said laughing.
i hope so too.