nineteen.

*
i went through all the birthday posts i was tagged in smiling. i real did have the best friends and fans.
i was scrolling down my tagged phots until i cam across something somewhat surprising.
jacob posted for my birthday.
i mean, i guess it's not that surprising.
we didn't break up that long ago.
i read through the comments before liking and commenting myself.
'u guys need to get back together'

'i miss u guys'

'was such a power couple'

if i was being honest, i did miss jacob, but being with drew has been so much better.
i liked the post and commented so it wasn't awkward, and continued to scroll.

drew's pov
"wait so you're asking her out today?"

"ahhh good thing. you don't have to remember both the birthday and the anniversary. it's all wrapped into one."
i have been planning to ask blu out for real on her birthday for a while now, but austin and rudy's constant comments about it are making me slightly nervous.
"can you both shut the fuck up." i said annoyed.
"what's wrong princess?" rudy said petting my hair.
"there's no way you can be nervous. you guys are obsessed with each other." austin sais chiming in, reading my mind.
"ever since i found out about who her ex is i've just been a little nervous around her. like i don't want to mess anything up."
"listen bro i get it but she's obsessed with you. if she wasn't over jacob yet, she would have told you." austin said.
"or she wouldn't tell you so your feelings wouldn't be hurt." rudy said nonchalantly.

"rudy what the fuck." austin and i said together.
"i'm jokingggg."
i rolled my eyes and went back to thinking.
austin was right, blu would have told me if she still had feelings for him.
i'm just gonna go for it.

•TIME SKIP•

"drew what's all this?!"
blu said her eyes wide.
since most places were still closed for quarantine, i picked up food and set up candles  and other things.
"happy birthday." i said giving her a kiss on the cheek and handing her a small wrapped box.
she smiled big and opened it quickly.
she opened the box and found a diamond necklace.
"drew this is so pretty!" she gasped giving me a big hug.
"thank you so much, but we aren't even dating yet." she said.
"about that..." i trailed off.
her eyes got big waiting for me to finish.
"will you..uh be my girlfriend?" i said quietly.
"of course !" she said bringing me back into a hug.
she pecked my lips.
"okay but now i'm hungry, let's eat."

breathing blu | drew starkeyजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें