i. It's Good To Be Back

━━ chapter one

━━ chapter one.
it's good to be back

        EVEN AS a young girl, Lori found an exhilarating thrill in Platform 9 3/4

EVEN AS a young girl, Lori found an exhilarating thrill in Platform 9 3/4. Maybe it was because it meant a start of another exciting year with her friends, or maybe it was because it meant she could finally be herself again. Ever summer, Lori was forced to act as some stuck up pure blood, dining with rich people, attending luxurious balls and dinner parties. It was all very exhausting. To always be constantly reminded "shoulders back" and "smile", was slowly driving her insane.

Hogwarts was her home away from home, it always had been. She missed everything about it, even the meddling portraits and ghosts that loved to eavesdrop on the students. To say she was ecstatic to be back, was an understatement. The girl barely got any sleep the night before, the anticipation of leaving, getting to her. She smiled at the thought of all the new memories she was going to make.

"Merlin, Lori! Would it kill you to move any faster!?" Her brother Baron whined from behind the girl as he softly pushed her to move forward with his trolley.

The curly headed girl rolled her eyes and let out a short laugh, "Oh sod off, Bar. I'm sure your tedious friends can wait a moment longer."

The girl swerved past the muggles boarding their train, in attempt to spot both platform 9 and 10. Her large trolley practically bulldozed people as she finally made her way to the brick wall. She didn't wait a second longer, before running full speed at the hard wall, mentally preparing herself to get onto the platform.

Her twin brother followed closely behind in pursuit, slightly flinching as he passed through it. He never seemed to get used to it, even after five years. Something about running at a brick wall was unsettling to him. Of course he would never admit that to his sister, it wasn't very Godric Gryffindor of him.

The twins didn't spare any time in boarding the train. Their parents stayed outside of the train station, like they always did. Like the stuck up pure-bloods they were, they couldn't stand the sight of muggles and muggleborns riding the Hogwarts Express. Lori grabbed her trunk from the trolley, along with her black cat, Percy, who had been joyfully enjoying the ride. Her cat aided her much comfort, a look into his bright blue eyes eased her nerves.