ix. The Start Of A Tragedy

━━ chapter nine

━━ chapter nine.
the start of a tragedy

July 3rd, 1970

       YOUNG CORBAN Henson walked up the path to the Rose manor alongside his parents. The front garden was a beautiful sight, different colors of roses planted in groups. Ingrid and Patrick Henson weren't like many other Slytherin purebloods. They were kind and had compassion towards other's, despite the cruel families they came from. Corban was one of the luckier pure blooded kids. He was treated nicely, with love and care from the moment he was born. His parents would never admit, but they also hated the parties they had to attended, but it was a part they had to play in order to keep up their act. From the moment Patrick had proposed to Ingrid, he promised an amazing life for her and their future child filled with happiness. And he had kept his promise.

       "Now Corban, remember, only speak when spoken to, no mention about muggleborns, muggles, or the muggle events we've attended in the past." Ingrid spoke, her striking green eyes pleading their son.

       The boy nodded, his dark curls hanging in front of his identical eyes, shaking at the movement, "Of course, Mum."

       After inhaling and exhaling deeply, Patrick hesitantly knocked onto the door. He shot his wife a wary look, but it dropped into a blank expression when the door flew open. As expected, there was no one standing there. The Rose's were a family of wandless magic, and they used it with every chance they got.

       "Ingrid!" Crystal, who had been standing down the front hall gave a kind smile, but her dark eyes remained unmoving and cold. From their fourth year, Ingrid and Crystal had been friends and happily shared a dormitory. Ingrid knew Crystal before she was Crystal Rose. Crystal Hale has been a quiet and polite girl who kept her views and beliefs to herself. She believed the basic Slytherin pure blooded beliefs, but she felt no need to shout it from the rooftops.

       "Hello Crystal." Ingrid thinly smiled with a nod of acknowledgement.

       The woman's mahogany eyes trailed from his former friend to the small body hiding between her and her husband. A young boy with ruffled dark curls and astonishing green eyes. Crystal's mouth gaped in shock for only a moment before quickly closing.