xi. Where It Began

━━ chapter fourteen

━━ chapter fourteen.
where it began

       JAMES POTTER was pulled from his slumber by the sound of ocean waves peacefully crashing

       JAMES POTTER was pulled from his slumber by the sound of ocean waves peacefully crashing. He'd rarely heard this noise seeing that he lived in England, and the specific part he lived in was very rainy and depressing. His light hazel eyes craned open, only to squint shut when a ray on sunshine struck his view and impaired his vision. Warm air nipped at his soft skin, flushing his cheeks pink. When his sight was restored, his pupils dilated as he took in the palm tree hanging over him. Confusion overcame him as he found his surroundings very unfamiliar.

        The sand beneath him was a comforting warm temperature underneath his pale skin, making him feel like he was wrapped in a soft blanket. His fists subconsciously enclosed around the material, the particles running down through his open fingers. His hand flew to his face to fix his crooked circular spectacles before his gaze went to the view in front of him.

       He looked down to see his chest half covered in a thin ripped white shirt, the tear going down the middle of his body, reveling his muscular torso. His legs were covered in a kaki like material of pants, the back of them slightly wet from the damp sand beneath him.

       Clear blue water caught his view. He'd never seen such stunning and calm water in his life. Sun rays reflected from the softly crashing waves, making the body of water seem like a sparkling crystal. The air was sweet and salty, invading all of his senses, and sending him lulling into a daze. Seagulls loudly squawked above him, making his eyes snap up. His attention trailed from the birds to the bright blue sky. Far in the distance, pastels of all shades swirled with the fluffy white clouds, reminding James of a watercolor artwork he saw when he was just a young boy.

       The scenery around him was absolutely astonishing, his breath unintentionally hitched in his throat. After a few moments of staring off at the ocean, he slightly turned his body to look behind him. There was a extremely tall hill in the distance with a large assortment of oddly shaped small houses, most being a spotless paper white or a red-brown mud color. All roofs were different, some being round, some pointy, some flat. The windows were circular and square shaped, all lined in rugged stones.