x. Halloween Party And Druken Eyeliner

━━ chapter ten

━━ chapter ten.
halloween party and drunken eyeliner

       OCTOBER 31ST, the day that all of Hogwarts was looking forward to all week

OCTOBER 31ST, the day that all of Hogwarts was looking forward to all week. Seeing that Lori was a Prefect, she spent half of the day before decorating the Great Hall with Klay and Lily—oh and James had been there too, along with the other house prefects. It was rather fun, shooting confetti canons in her friend's face, even shot a fake spider into Potter's circular glasses, pretty much scared the life out of him. He retaliated by throwing candy corn into her curls, ones she didn't find until she was back in her dormitory for a shower.

       Lori and the Marauders were in more of a mutual friendship. While she was greatly annoyed by their presence, she liked Remus, and seeing that he was with the other boys twenty four-seven, sooner or later she would have to get used to being around them.

       It was rather amusing to see Potter get turned down by Lily over and over again, but as she watched his defeated expression, she couldn't help but be slightly annoyed. There, James Potter was, a not bad looking lad, rather smart, and brilliant at quidditch, and he insisted on winning over this one girl who clearly wanted nothing to do with him, and refused to take no as any answer.

       Desperation at its finest.

       The detention nights she had with him and Sirius weren't as awful as she imagined—they were actually fun, but she would never admit it, not out loud at least. They spent their time playing muggle games like "would you rather" and "two truths and a lie". She knew a lot about the two boys, more then she needed to know. Being the hormonal boys they were, Sirius of course had brought up a few odd things—things she would never repeat. Both the freckled girl and the boys refused to spill their costumes, liking the thrill of being surprised.

       Classes for the day had been cancelled, which made Lori literally jump for joy when hearing the announcement. Both breakfast and lunch feast's had been more festive then normal, with everything splattered with deep orange and charcoal black. There was more foods and a larger variety of desserts. Spider webs hug from the lamps and streamers flew around in the air. Live bats soared in groups around the hall from walls to the dim obsidian clouds which littered the bewitched ceiling.