vii. Loose Niffler

━━ chapter nine

━━ chapter nine.
loose niffler

        A BRIGHT warm day came upon Hogwarts when Lori trudged down a hill alongside her friends

        A BRIGHT warm day came upon Hogwarts when Lori trudged down a hill alongside her friends. Books in hand, she jumped over a stray rock that was in her path, swiftly landing a few feet down. Her friends sped up to walk next to her, Corban immediately gluing to her side. Klay however stalked behind them with an odd look in his eyes as he stared at the back of her head.

       Her ebony curls were messy at her tan collarbones, her white button up shirt was askew, the top buttons unbuttoned, showing off the many pure silver necklaces and chains that fell from her neck. Like always, her robe was nowhere to be seen along with her green and silver tie.

       "I wonder what Professor Kettleburn has planned for us today!" Emeli grinned excitedly as she bumped her shoulder with Lori's. Her long golden hair was pulled into a messy high pony tail, her light shiny locks hanging down her back. Her teal eyes were sparkling in happiness, brighter then any star in the night sky. Face completely bare, dark robe no where in sight. As much as the girl would deny, Lori was finally beginning to rub off on her.

       Her action caused her freckled friend to unintentionally walk closer to the green eyed boy next to her. He was complaining though as their arms brushed against each other with every step. Emerald eyes stared intensely down at her pretty face with both awe and longing. The glint he had in his eyes when looking at Lori Rose was the exact same as the one he had in his younger years. He remembered the first time he saw Lori when they were both around nine or ten.

"Who cares?" Corban rolled his eyes, his distain towards Care for Magical Creatures peaking through.

"I do," Emeli cried, glaring ferociously at the unbothered boy, "They are caring and loving creatures who—I'll have you know—are often mistreated and branded dangerous when they are entirely the opposite."

       "It's okay, Em," Lori soothed with a small smile, reaching up and patting her shoulder in a calming way. She only scoffed at Corban before whipping around and walking in front of them.