v. Unfair Punishment

━━ chapter seven

━━ chapter seven.
unfair punishment

        IT WAS early morning when Emeli smacked the back of Lori's head with a soft pillow to shake her from her sleep

Lori jerked away at the sudden force, flying off the bed and a sickening thump was heard when she landed on the hard wooden floor. If the swift wack in the head from Emeli wasn't enough to shake the sleep out of her, the collision of her body on the floor would certainly do it. A loud groan bubbled from her lips as she rubbed her throbbing hip in attempt to ease the ache.

"You better have a good reason to wake me up so bloody early." She hissed in annoyance, harshly glaring at the giggling blonde. It was obvious that she wasn't a morning person.

Her eyes were burning from the lack of sleep that she got. She was tossing and turning all night for no reason and the purple bags under her eyes showed it.

"It's eight o'clock, Lori. Get up before I drag you out." Emeli laughter subdued as she seriously spoke with her hands on her hips.

"Okay, okay. I'm up." The freckled girl pulled herself from the floor and untangled her legs from her soft sheets.

"Good. The boys have already went down so we're—"

"Half-blood! Would you shut the hell up!?" A shrill voice complained from the other side of the dormitory. The girls looked over to see Pricilla Parkinson sitting up in her bed scowling at them. Her short hair was messy and her eyes were ablaze.

Emeli's pink lips turned into a frown at her other roommates words. Although she was in Slytherin, she was extremely sensitive, and it didn't take much to hurt her feelings. The boys and Lori were always careful with what the said around her, never wanting to upset her.

"Speak to her like that again, you buck teeth beaver, and I'll hex your ass into an oblivion." Lori spit with gritted teeth, upset with that hurt look that spread on her friend's face.