ii. Another Year

━━ chapter two

━━ chapter two.
another year

         EXCITED WHISPERS infused the Great Hall as everyone settled at their house tables

EXCITED WHISPERS infused the Great Hall as everyone settled at their house tables. Everyone was happily chattering, looking forward for the new year.

The Slytherin friends slid into the bench and sat at their table. The deep mahogany table was decorated with rich emerald green and shiny silver. Their placemats and utensils were real silver with embedded jewels, advantage to being the richest house. The table stood out against the other houses. There were a handful of half-bloods among the pure-blooded house, and certainly no muggle borns.

The main pure bloods families in the wizarding world consisted of the Malfoy, Lestrange, Crabbe, Rosier, Goyle, Black, Nott, Parkinson, Greengrass, Flint, Avery families, and of course the Rose family. All of the pure blood heirs were sitting at the Slytherin table. All except for Baron and Sirius. However, Regulus Black was in Slytherin, and his parents had hope that he would carry the family name, unlike their oldest.

The seating arrangement for the fifth year Slytherins had been set in stone ever since first year. Lori sat between Corban and Julian, and across from Emeli and Klay. It would feel very odd if they all switched places, probably cause bad voodoo for the rest of the year.

First year sorting started and the group of Slytherins eyed the new young witches and wizards. They always played a little game of guess what house each was in, and they all got rather competitive.

Julian stared at the small light skin boy who was called up. "Hufflepuff." He declared with confidence.

Lori studied the young boy's movements and facial expressions from afar and he didn't look like he belonged to the badger house of yellow and black. She shook her head, her brown curls bouncing, "Ravenclaw."

On cue, the sorting hat decided and shouted "Ravenclaw!" Lori grinned tauntingly as the asian boy frowned in defeat.