The Airport

The day comes when Gio and I are about to leave, and Gio is not happy at all.

"What if we run away?" Gio asks. I laugh.

"We have to go Gio. I don't want to either, but we have to." I reply. We both hug our grandmother and get into the Uber.

"Who's picking us up from the airport, Beck?" Gio asks.

"I'm not sure Gio." I reply, getting out of the car since we arrived. We wait for our flight and then board.

"I'm scared Beck." He says. I hug him and kiss his forehead.

"Me too, Gio, me too." I reply. The plane lifts off.

...........................................................

"Gio wake up we're here bub." I say, shaking him slightly. He grunts and rolls over in his seat. My head begins pounding as I sigh and pick him up, putting him on my back. I grab our carry on bags and start walking off the plane.

"Oh let me help you with him." Someone says. I turn and see a tall boy around my age with green eyes and blonde hair. He grabs my bags from me and walks with us.

"Thanks." I say quietly while slightly smiling. He smiles and puts out his hand.

"I'm Adam." He says. I shake his hand.

"I'm Rebecca and this is Gio." I reply. He smiles again.

"Can I get your number?" He asks. I nod handing him my phone as he hands me his. We exchange numbers and then I hear someone call my name.

"Rebecca!" Rio yells. I look over and sigh.

"Let's go." Adam says pulling me towards Rio, Alvaro, and three other boys.

"Rebecca who's this?" Alvaro asks.

"I'm Adam. We met on the flight and she needed help with the bags so I chipped in." Adam replies. Alvaro nods slightly and grabs the bags from him.

"It was nice meeting you Adam." I say. He nods.

"You too Rebecca. I'll call you later, alright?" He replies. I smile and nod. Adam walks away so I turn to the others.

"Beck this is-" I interrupt Alvaro.

"Don't call me that. Only Gio can call me that, not you." I say, glaring at him. He gulps.

"What is your problem? We are your siblings Rebecca!" Rio yells. I scoff.

"No, you are Stacia's children. If you were my siblings you would have attempted to contact us, but you didn't even make an effort Rio! So don't act like we are siblings, because I don't consider you anything!" I reply. Gio wakes up.

"Beck? Are you okay? Did you take your meds this morning?" He says. Rio and Alvaro look at me weird.

"Meds? What meds?" Alvaro asks. I sigh.

"No Gio. I forgot." I reply.

"Does your head hurt? Is that why you are angry?" He asks. I nod slightly and he jumps off my back.

"Lets go." He says, grabbing my hand and leading me to a chair. He gets into my bag and grabs my migraine medication, giving me two pills.

"You have migraines?" One of the random boys asks. Gio looks over and nods.

"She gets overly angry and says things she doesn't mean. I promise she didn't mean to upset you when she said all those things Rio." He says. Rio smiles and hugs Gio.

"Whether she meant it or not she was right. We didn't make an effort. Ten years of being apart and we didn't even try to fix things." She says. I look at Alvaro and we make eye contact.

"Becca?" Alvaro says.

"Yes?" I reply.

"Why won't you speak to me?" Alvaro asks. I look away from him and sigh.

"What do I say? We were supposed to be best friends Alvaro! I don't even know who you are!" I reply.

"I'm your twin brother Rebecca. The one you protected when these boys pushed me down on the playground!" He yells as he points to the three boys. Tears flood his eyes and I stand up.

"I'm sorry." I say as I grab his hands. He looks at me, but I look down. He hugs me and I stand there for a few seconds before hugging back.

"All these years and this girl's attitude hasn't changed. Alvaro is her biggest weakness." A boy says. I look at him.

"And you are?" I ask. He smirks.

"Kairi." He says. I laugh.

"Cryin' Kairi?" I ask. He rolls his eyes.

"That's the one." He replies.

"I'm guessing these two are Alejandro and Mattia." I say. They nod.

"Beck, can I have ice cream?" Gio asks. I laugh and nod handing him some cash.

"So Rebecca, how long have you struggled with your migraines?" Rio asks. I look down.

"Since my car accident." I whisper.

"What?" Alvaro says. I look up and sigh.

"Three years ago, I was driving with my boyfriend to the park. We were stopped at a red light and when we went, some guy that was running from the cops T-boned the car. We were smashed between the guy's car and a tree. My boyfriend didn't make it out of surgery." I reply. I stare down at my feet again, until Gio comes back.

"Here's the change Beck!" He says. I put on a fake smile.

"Thank you Gio! Okay let's get going, before Stacia starts worrying!" I say, perkily.