Stubborn and Sassy

On Saturday, I wake up to Gio climbing in my bed and hugging me.

"Morning." I say groggily. He grunts and goes back to sleep. I chuckle to myself before grabbing my phone and sending streaks on Snapchat.

"Good morning you two." Adam says, standing in the doorway.

"Only one of us is awake." I reply. Adam laughs and walks over.

"You guys have a great bond." He says, sitting on the edge of my bed. I nod.

"I'm the only person he has known his whole life that he has left. I can't leave him now, I would never forgive myself." I reply, looking at the sleeping boy next to me. Gio lets out a little snore and I smile.

"He got lucky in the sister department." Adelaide says, walking over to the rest of us. I giggle.

"I guess you could say that." I say. She smiles.

"You care a lot about him, and I don't think anyone would give up their time and energy to raise their brother the way you do." She says. I sigh.

"Too bad doc ordered no more sports after my concussion last year. Gio loved going to my events." I reply. I sigh and get up slowly, making sure not to wake him up.

"Where are you going?" Adam asks. I turn to him and laugh.

"I'm getting ready for the day dumby." I reply. Adelaide laughs and Adam looks away embarrassed. I go over to my wardrobe and grab a white tank top and some skinny jeans, along with a jean jacket and white shoes. I head to the bathroom and shower before getting dressed.

"Becca! Can we go get some coffee today?" Adelaide asks, still sitting in my room with Adam.. I giggle.

"Sure, why not!" I yell from inside my bathroom. I hear her squeal with excitement before running to her room to get dressed.

"Oh my lord you look so good!" Adelaide says. I laugh.

"Thank you look good too Adelaide!" I reply.

"Please! Call me Addie! It's shorter and not so old lady-ish." She says. I laugh and nod. We get into her car and head to the coffee shop.

"What kind of coffee shop is this?" I ask. She smiles.

"It's our aunt's coffee shop! It has the best pastries and the best types of coffee!" She replies. I giggle at her excitement. We get to the shop and walk in.

"Addie!" A lady yells. Adelaide jogs over and hugs the lady.

"Aunt Ellie! I want you to meet my new friend, Becca! She moved in with me and Adam a few days ago." Adelaide says. I smile.

"Hi Becca! I'm Elizabeth Anderson!" Ellie says. I nod.

"I'm Rebecca Romero." I reply. Her eyes widen.

"Stacia's daughter?" She asks. I gulp.

"Unfortunately. Is there an issue?" I reply. She shakes her head.

"Stacia and I don't get along, but I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who dislikes her. However I'm a little surprised her own daughter dislikes her." She says.

"Stacia and I are related by blood, but I do not consider her family. Family cares for one another, she only cares for herself." I say. Ellie laughs.

...........................................................

"Alright Becca we should head home! Adam told me not to hog you." Addie says, after an hour or so of talking to Ellie. I laugh and nod.

"Let's go then. Don't want to get you in trouble." I reply. We say goodbye to Ellie and go back to Addie's car and head back to the house.

"Geez Addie, you basically stole her for the whole day!" Adam says. We all laugh and Gio runs over and hugs me.

"Beck, can we get me some new shoes?" He asks. I look at his ragged shoes and sigh.

"Y-yeah! Let me just go get my cash out of the picture." I reply. Gio shakes his head.

"No! Those are all your savings! I can wait!" He yells. I kneel down and give a light smile.

"Gio it's okay. I can get the money back. Wait here alright?" I reply. I watch a tear roll down his cheek and I wipe it with my thumb before standing up.

"Becca we can pay for them. We have plenty of money and it's the least we could do." Addie says. I shake my head.

"You let me move into your house, Addie! I can't just expect you guys to take care of us forever." I reply.

"You're practically family, Rebecca. Let us take care of you and your brother." I hear a deep voice say from behind me. I turn and see a tall man with dirty blonde hair and greyish-green eyes.

"See, even daddy wants to help you! Please Becca!" Addie begs. I laugh a little before nodding my head.

"Fine, but I don't want to be treated like charity work." I reply. Adam laughs.

"We would never." He says, grabbing his keys and wallet.