Never Alone

Third person POV:

Hayden pulls his trigger and shoots Becca on the right side of her chest, causing Adelaide's father to shoot Hayden in the head and run to Becca.

"Get an ambulance over here! Now! We can't lose her!" The tall man yells, crouching down by the girl. Becca tries her best to keep her eyes open.

"Tell them I'm sorry. I just f-felt alone and w-when Hayden called me, it was like I w-wasn't alone anymore. I'm so s-sorry." The young girl says. The officer grabs her hand, reassuring her that she wouldn't die.

...........................................................

"Becca?! Where is my baby?! Is she okay?" Stacia yells. The police officers that were outside held back the group of screaming family and friends.

"We can't give you any information until the paramedics arrive. Please remain calm and be patient. Your daughter needs to know that everything is going to be fine, it'll keep her from panicking." Adam's father says. Adam and Adelaide stare at their father with tears in their eyes.

"Daddy please! Please tell us she's okay!" Adelaide begs. The tall man looks up at the flashing lights heading down the driveway.

"Everybody move! Paramedics have arrived and we need Rebecca Romero out of that house immediately!" The man screams. Everyone moves and the paramedics go inside the house and put Becca on the stretcher and then carry her out.

"Becca! No! Please god don't take my baby! Please!" Stacia yells. Alvaro, Rio, and Gio all hug their mother.

"She wanted me to give you this. She gave it to me after I refused to tell you the message myself because I didn't want her to give up." The man says, holding a small piece of paper. Kairi takes the paper and reads it aloud.

...........................................................

"Dearest friends,

I'm sorry that I was naive. I should have known that Hayden wasn't the same the second I got the call. I was just afraid of being alone. Hayden was my everything once and still is. If I don't make it back to you all, just know that I love you and I never meant to hurt any of you by leaving. You are the only thing that keeps me alive and I took that for granted. Please don't blame yourselves, this was my fault and only my fault. I love you.

Sincerely,

Rebecca."

...........................................................

Addie's POV:

"I should have done more to stop her." I say, looking down. Mattia comes over and hugs me.

"Addie, Becca said not to blame ourselves. You did what you could, that's all that matters." He says. I smile and hug him tightly as we walk back to the cars.

"Where are we going now?" Gio asks. Stacia looks at him and everyone else.

"The hospital. Becca needs us." She says. We all nod and get into the vehicles.

Becca's POV:

I wake up in a room filled with my friends and family, none of which haven't noticed I'm awake yet.

"What if she doesn't make it? What if they were too late and she's dead!?" Gio cries.

"That would be unfortunate, wouldn't it?" I think. I stare at the group for a while, unnoticed. That is, until Kairi looks over and we make eye contact. I slips away from the group quietly and sits down, grabbing my hand and kissing it.

"No matter what the situation is, if you ever feel alone and unwanted, call me. I swear I will drop everything just to come see you and prove you wrong. You are wanted, Becca and you always will be. I will never let you feel alone enough to run away ever again, understand?" He whispers. I nod, squeezing his hand a little bit before turning my attention back to the group.

"Ahem." I say, fake coughing. They all look over and run to me, hugging me as tight as they can.

"Ow! Chill, you're gonna open up my wound!" They all laugh and Gio climbs into the bed with me.

"Beck if you ever run away again, I will hunt you down and beat you up! You scared me!" He says, cuddling up to me. I stroke his hair and smile.

"I promise I will never do anything like that again." I reply. The doctor runs in and looks at me with a huge smile.

"What is it?" I ask. He shows me two x-rays. One of my brain after the car accident and one after Hayden shot me.

"Your headaches are gone Becca." He says. I put my hand over my mouth and scream.

"No way! No way! Are you serious? How?!" I ask. He shrugs and lets out a laugh.

"We aren't sure. We think after Hayden hit you with his gun, that it reset your brainwaves, causing your headaches to go away. We can't be sure of the true cause because your headaches in and of themselves were a medical mystery." He replies. I smile and hug Gio.

"I don't care, as long as I can go back to doing sports." I say. The doctor nods and hands me a pill bottle.

"Not until this wound is perfectly healed." He says. I nod and take the bottle.

A few hours pass and I'm released from the hospital.

"Can we all agree that Becca needs to go more than a few weeks without a hospital visit?" Marcus says. We all laugh.

"I'm personally getting tired of them. I have the entire hospital staff on speed dial!" I reply. We all laugh once more before realising that my family has nowhere to go.

"Um mom? We don't have a house to live in." Alvaro says. Mom sighs.

"Can you all stay at a friend's house? At least until Wednesday." She says.

"Becca and Gio can stay with us. Their rooms are still the same." Adam says. Gio and I nod.

"Alvaro, Rio, and Stacia can stay at my house. My parents are out of town for the next two weeks, so Stacia can stay in their room." Kairi says. We all nod and get in a car. Kairi, Mattia, Alejandro, Alvaro, and Rio all got in Kairi's car while Addie, Adam, Gio, my mom, and I all got in mom's car. Mom dropped us off at the gate of Adam's neighborhood and left.

"Welcome back! Becca, I'm glad you're alright." Adam's dad says. I give him a slight smile before speaking.

"Thank you sir. For everything."

"Call me Louis, and you are very welcome." He replies, smiling as he walks away. Adam, Addie, Gio, and I all go to our rooms and sleep.

Kairi's POV:

"Alright, Alvaro you can sleep with me in my room, Rio you can sleep in the guest room, and Stacia you can sleep in my parents' room." I say. They all nod and we walk to our designated rooms.

"You really care about Becca, right?" Alvaro asks. I look at him and nod slowly.

"More than you can know." I reply.

"I heard you talking to her in the hospital. Just promise you won't use her because it's obvious that she is fragile and I won't stand by and watch as you tear her down so you can build your self-esteem! I know that Celia hurt you, but not all girls are like that, especially not Becca. Do not make me regret this." He says. I smile and nod.

"I promise and if I do, you can beat me until I can't move."

"I don't need or want your permission. I will beat you with or without it." He says.

"I didn't say you needed it, Alvaro. I know what you are capable of and I've seen what happens to people who piss you off. That being said, I know what I'm in for if this thing with Becca doesn't work out and I'm willing to get my heart broken if it means I get even a slight chance to call her mine. I don't plan on hurting her, but there's no guarantee that she even feels the same so I want to give her the chance to come to me since I have already expressed how I feel as clearly as I can." I reply. Alvaro nods and lays on my couch, quickly falling asleep. I fall asleep soon after him, thinking about the beautiful, but broken, girl Alvaro calls his twin sister.