Matching

The next morning I get up and put on a cropped hoodie and leggings. I call an uber and go to the mall

"Becca, you made it!" Adam says, pulling me into a hug. I smile and nod at him as we pull away.

"So what are we going to do?" I ask. He smiles.

"School starts in a few weeks, wanna get matching outfits for our first day?" He asks in a girlish voice. I giggle.

"Sure why not!" I reply. His smile widens and he grabs my hand, pulling into a store.

"We should get this shirt, and you can wear it as a crop top!" He says, pulling out two shirts off of the same rack. I smile.

"Alright. I think it would look good with some grey sweatpants, but not too loose." I reply. He nods and we head over to the pants.

"Here these should work for me, have you found any?" He asks. I nod, pulling a pair of sweats off the rack.

"Anything else?" I ask. He pauses and then grabs my hand pulling me towards the shoes. He grabs a pair of white shoes and I do the same.

"Alright now we need matching bags." He says. I laugh as we head over to the bookbags.

"How about this?" I ask, holding up a gray nike bag. His eyes light up and he nods. I grab another one and he leads me to the check out.

"Oh you two are buying matching outfits! How cute!" The cashier says. We both giggle and he gives her his card.

"Wait, I can pay for my own!" I say looking at Adam. He shakes his head.

"My idea, my money!" He replies. I laugh as the lady hands him his card and the receipt. We grab our bags and walk out.

"What now?" I ask, checking the time. It was almost noon, meaning we spent two hours in that store.

"Food?" Adam asks. I nod, following him to the food court. We order and he pays again.

"You just enjoy wasting your money on me don't you?" I ask, snarkily. He laughs.

"It's not wasting, I invited you. I just want you and I to be good friends." He says. I roll my eyes.

"We could be friends without you constantly paying for my stuff!" I reply. He laughs.

"Hey aren't those the kids that picked you up from the airport?" He asks, pointing behind me. I look and see Alvaro, Kairi, Alejandro, and Mattia.

"Yeah." I reply, turning back around. Our order is called and Adam goes to get it.

"Hey Becca!" Kai says as him and the boys stand by the table.

"Hi?" I reply, slightly annoyed. Adam comes back and smiles at the boys before setting the food down.

"So Adam what school do you go to?" Alvaro asks. Adam looks up and tells Alvaro the name of his school.

"Oh so you'll be at our school! Interesting since it's on the north side of town and you seem to live down here on the southside." Kai says. Adam smirks.

"Actually, I used to live here, but I moved up north because my dad got a better job. However the mall here has a lot more stores to choose from." Adam replies.

"Oh. My bad." Kaylen says. Adam and I finish eating and throw away our trash.

"Well if you excuse us boys, Becca and I are going to continue our little shopping spree." Adam says, grabbing his bags. I watch as Kairi glares at Adam.

"Bye boys!" I say, hugging Alvaro.

"Let's go to the arcade!" Adam says as I catch up to him. I nod and he leads me over to it.

...........................................................

We play some games for an hour and a half, then Rio calls me saying Stacia wants me home.

"Hey I have to go." I say, hanging up on Rio. Adam's smile fades.

"Oh okay! Do you have a ride?" He asks.

"No, I was just going to call an Uber." I reply. He shakes his head.

"No, I can drop you off!" He says. I nod and we walk out of the mall to his car. I give him my address and he starts driving.