Alone

"Alvaro! Come help your sister with her bags while I help Gio!" Mom yells. Alvaro comes running down the stairs and immediately hugs me, causing us both to fall. We both laugh.

"I was gone for three days Alvaro! Plus, you saw me at the mall!" I yell. Pushing him off of me. Kairi, Mattia, and Alejandro walk downstairs and grab my bags. Alvaro and I follow behind them into my room and they help me unpack once again.

"Becca, who is this?" Mattia asks, holding up a photo of me and Hayden. A tear rolls down my cheek as I take it from him.

"Is that Hayden?" Kairi asks. I nod, staring at the photo. I refused to take it out of the bag the entire time I had been in New Jersey, but now I was holding it and all I wanted was to hold him in my arms once last time. Kairi walks over and grabs the photo, pulling me into a hug as I cry silently into his chest.

"I'm so sorry Becca, I didn't mean to upset you." I shake my head, pulling away from Kairi.

"It's alright Tia, you had no way of knowing. I'll be fine, I'm just going to go for a walk. I'll be back later." I reply. The boys nod and I walk away.

...........................................................

"Well well well, aren't you a pretty one?" Someone says from behind me. I turn around and see a man dressed in all black clothing staring at me up and down.

"C-can I h-help you?" I ask, my voice shaking. He smirks, reaching into his pocket.

"Just stay still and cooperate, and we'll be just fine." He replies. I begin shaking and tears well up in my eyes. I had gotten lost after about an hour and my phone was about to die.

"P-please, please don't hurt me!" I beg. He laughs, grabbing me and trying to pull me towards a car. The struggle causes my phone to dial Alvaro and he answers.

"Please! Just leave me alone, let go of me! Please!" I scream, tears rolling down my face. He hits me and knocks me down.

"Shut up!" He yells, dragging me along the sidewalk towards the car. I see four figures running towards us.

"Let her go you bastard!" Alvaro yells. Kairi punches the guy and Mattia grabs me, picking me up off the ground. Ale and Alvaro pull Kairi off of the guy and they all walk towards me and Mattia.

"Is she okay?" Alvaro asks. Mattia shakes his head. Kairi grabs me out of Mattia's hands and hugs me. I wrap my legs around him, burying my face into his shoulder.

"I want to go home, please take me home." I beg. Kairi rubs my head.

"Alright Becca, we'll go home." He says. I hug him tighter and lay my head on his shoulder.

When we get home, Kairi lays me in my bed and covers me with the blanket.

"Goodnight Becca." He says. I stare at the ceiling quietly. Alvaro walks in.

"We should have gone with her, this is my fault! I knew what goes on late at night in this town, and she was almost the next victim!" Alvaro yells. I sniffle and they both look over.

"M-my head is bleeding, it h-hurts." I say, still staring at the ceiling. Kairi walks over and sits me up.

"Turn on the light bro then get the first aid kit." He says. Alvaro nods and does as he's told.

"Is it bad Kai?" I ask. He tucks a peice of my hair behind my ear.

"Just a little cut, probably from the knife he had in that hand. You won't need stitches, but is your head okay? Do you have a headache?" He says. I shake my head.

"No." I reply. Alvaro walks back in with the first aid kit and Kairi starts cleaning my head and then wraps it. He then wraps my arm because it's scraped up pretty bad.

"Alright you should be fine now, do you want me to stay?" Kairi asks. I nod, looking at my hands. Kairi lays me down, turns out the light, and then sits in the beanbag.

"Kai?" I say.

"Yeah?" He asks. I pause.

"Can you come up here please? I'm s-scared." I reply. He nods and comes over, laying next to me on the bed. He wraps his arms around me and I put my head on his chest, quickly falling asleep.

...........................................................

The next morning, I wake up with a giant headache. I open my eyes, but everything was blurry. I slowly get out of Kairi's grip and sit up, planting my feet flat on the floor and standing. I walk in the direction of my desk, but I trip over a box and fall. Kairi wakes up due to the noise and looks over at me.

"Becca?" He says. I rub my eyes hoping to regain my vision. I keep rubbing them until Kairi runs over and grabs my hands.

"I-I can't see, Kairi! My head hurts and my vision is blurry, what if I'm blind?! Oh my god I'm going to be blind!" I begin panicking and Kairi shakes my shoulders a little.

"Becca, you'll be fine. Come on, let's get you to the hospital." He says, picking me up. By now, my mother, sister, and brothers have all woken up and heard me screaming.

"Kairi? What's going on? Why is Becca's head wrapped, and her arm? What the hell happened?!" Rio yells. Alvaro puts his hand on her shoulder.

"Last night, Becca went for a walk and got lost. Her phone butt dialed me while some guy was attacking her." He says. Kairi walks outside with me in his arms, followed by the rest of my family.

"Kairi where are you taking her?" Gio asks.

"The hospital. She can't see and she has a headache." He replies, putting me in the car. He goes around and starts the car, pulling out of the driveway and onto the road.

...........................................................

"She just needs to take her medication. Her headache was caused by the loss of blood, and that's why her vision was impaired. She'll be fine after she takes the meds." The doctor says. Kairi nods, picking me up again and taking me home.

"Is she okay?" Rio asks. Kairi nods.

"She needs her meds." He says. Gio runs downstairs with the med in hand.

"I got 'em!" He yells. I flinch a little at the loudness. Kairi takes the bottle and gives me two pills.

"Here, I brought you some water dear." Mom says. I take the cup out of her hands and take my meds. Almost instantly, my vision comes back and my headache disappears.

"What a great way to start the day out." I say, sighing. Everyone lets out a small laugh.

"All that matters is you're okay now." Alvaro says. I sigh.

My thoughts:  Okay? I'm far from "okay". I almost died last night, and today I woke up blind! But I can't let them know I'm not fine, I can't put more stress on them. Even if it means I feel alone.

"Yeah, you're right. Things could be worse." I say. Everyone smiles and they go on with their days. Leaving me just how it's always been, alone in my thoughts.