Finally Home

Third person POV:

It is now Wednesday, and the Romero/Ramirez family is moving into their new home. Rebecca's room is painted white with a bathroom that connects her room and Alvaro's room, and a closet that is built into the wall. Alvaro's room is painted gray and mirrors Rebecca's room design. Both rooms on the second floor. Gio and Stacia's rooms are both on the first floor. Stacia's room is painted white with it's own bathroom and walk-in closet, while Gio's room is painted blue with a closet built into the wall. Rio's room is painted a peach color with a closet built into the wall and window that looks out to the backyard. Each child was given a specific amount of money to use to buy their furniture and decorations. Rio went with a natural aesthetic, with fake plants and succulents, a fuzzy rug that matched the color of her walls, and a small canopy chair hung from the ceiling. Rebecca's room had a more modern design, with a simple vanity that was painted white, a rug that was designed with black and white diamonds, a room divider that was painted black and had white plastic squares, a black futon that sat in front of her television stand, a small bean bag, and curtains that were white on top and faded into black on the bottom. Alvaro and Gio both designed their rooms with the same furniture, a simple black desk, two bean bags that sat in front of their televisions, a night stand, and LED lights that they strung along the bottom of their beds and desks.

Kairi's POV:

I get a call from Mattia saying that he and Alejandro are going over to Alvaro's house to help him and Gio set up their rooms. I tell him that I'm going to pick up Adam and Addie so they can help too.

"Hey Kairi!" Addie says, sitting in the back seat.

"Hey. Alvaro told me and the boys that they already bought the stuff and that they used the UHaul to take it to the new house." I say. They both nod and we drive to the house.

"You guys made it!" Mattia says, hugging Addie. We all smile and start helping everyone.

"Becca do you need help setting your room up? Addie and Adam are helping Rio and Mattia and Ale are helping the boys." I say, walking into the room. She looks up and smiles.

"It's okay Kai, I'm sure the boys need more help than I do." She replies. I shake my head and walk over to her.

"What are we doing first?" I ask. She laughs a little and points to a box.

"I have to put my vanity together and then the television stand." She says. I nod and grab the box labeled "tv stand."

"Becca we just finished Rio's room, do you guys need help?" Adam asks, walking in alone.

"Where's Addie?" I ask. Adam scoffs.

"With her boyfriend Mattia." He says sarcastically. We all laugh and he grabs the box labeled "futon" and puts it together.

"All done!" Becca says. We all stand up and high five, looking around at the room.

"I'm going to grab one last thing out of the UHaul." She says.

"Want help?" Adam asks. She shakes her head.

"Go help the boys, it's just a metal shelf for the bathroom." She replies. We nod and walk down to Gio's room and help set up.

Becca's POV:

I grab the shelf and carry it upstairs into the bathroom, putting it in the space between the double sink and the wall. I grab the boxes that have the towels and other bathroom supplies in them, and put the towels, rags, extra shampoo and conditioner, extra soap and body wash, lotion, and a small hamper on the shelf. I put the toothbrush cup and toothpaste in the middle of the sinks and put a rag on the ring so we have it to dry our hands. I hang a black curtain over the tub and put some loofahs, body wash, shampoo, and conditioner on the shelves built into the marble wall.

"Wow, it looks good in here!" I hear someone say from inside my room. I walk in and see Addie and everyone else in my room.

"Glad you like it!" I say. We all laugh and I sit on the futon and grab the remote for my television off of the stand.

"What are we going to watch?" Alvaro asks, sitting on my bean bag. Mattia sits next to me and Addie sits on his lap, Rio and Adam sit on my bed, Kairi lifts me up and sits me on his lap after stealing my spot, and Gio pulls my stool over from my vanity.

"How about a horror movie?" Mattia suggests. Mom walks in and shakes her head.

"Not with Gio in here." She says.

"We can invite our siblings so he has someone to hang out with." Alejandro says, walking into the room.

"Please mom! Gianluca and Emiliano are like my best friends!" Gio begs. Mom nods, laughing and Ale and Mattia call their parents to drop off their siblings.

"I feel so alone." Alvaro says, staring at those of us who are sitting on the futon.

"It's okay babe you have me!" Alejandro says, sitting on Alvaro's lap. We all laugh and Alvaro starts playing along with Alejandro's shenanigans.

"Of course bebe, how could I forget."

"Alright! Let's watch the movie before I pee my pants!" Rio yells. We all laugh again and I turn on the horror movie.

An hour into the movie, a giant scare comes on and I jump, burying my face into Kairi's chest.

"Beck, you okay?" He whispers. I nod and lift my face up and turn back to the movie.

"Can I stay over?" He asks, whispering once again.

"I don't see why not." I reply, smiling before I turn my attention back to the movie.

...........................................................

"Alright I'm going to call it a night. Adam and I are going to my room to work on something." Rio says, smirking at Adam. We all laugh and watch them walk out.

"Addie and I are going to the guest room to sleep, knock before you come in." Mattia says, walking out with Addie. Alvaro and Ale stand up and walk through the bathroom into Alvaro's room.

"Looks like it's just us. Where do you want to sleep?" I ask. Kairi looks at me with an "are you serious" face.

"With you." He replies. I giggle and nod.

"Should have known that I guess." I say. I walk over to my closet and grab a pair of spandex and a sports bra and go behind my room divider to change.

"I'm going to borrow some shorts from Alvaro." Kairi says. I give him a thumbs up and he leaves. I soon finish changing and walk out from behind the divider, throwing my clothes in my hamper.

"Wow." I hear someone say. I turn around and see Kairi staring at my butt.

"Eyes up here buddy." I say, pointing at my face. He laughs and walks over to me smiling.

"Can I keep you forever?" He asks. I look at him with wide eyes.

"You haven't even asked me out yet and you already want me all to yourself?" I reply. He buries his face in my neck as he hugs me.

"You make me feel whole again Beck. I want to feel like this forever. Will you please be mine?" He asks, pulling back slightly and making eye contact.

"Of course I will." I say. He smiles and picks me up, twirling me around. Everyone else walks in and claps.

"'Bout time." Alejandro says. We laugh and I look around. I take in the family I have been blessed with in the last couple months and smile. I've finally found my home.