The Fires of the Past

"Why are you doing this? Are you mad about what I did? I'm sorry Kairi I don't know why I did it! Please don't hurt me!" I say, tears rolling down my face. He runs over and hugs me.

"I'm not mad at you Becca. Alvaro texted me saying that someone had lit your house on fire and-"

"What?! What about my Philly Bear?" I interrupt. He hugs me tighter.

"Gio screamed at them to let him go get it, but it was too dangerous. I'm so sorry Becca." He says. I hug him back.

"It's okay, I'll be fine. As long as everyone else is okay, so am I. Did you really have to scream at me though? I was scared you were going to hurt me." I reply, laughing a little. He lets out a light laugh before pulling away from the hug and grabbing my hand. We go up to his room and he sits on his bed while I stand.

"You can sit Becca. I won't hurt you, if that isn't already obvious." He says. I stare at my hands as they shake uncontrollably.

"Becca?" He asks. I slide down the wall and close my eyes, picturing the car accident over and over again.

...........................................................

"So? What do you say Beck? We could run away, get married, support the baby on our own. I want a family with you and we are going to have it! Please?" Hayden says. I smile a little.

"Fine! Anything is better than my father scolding me because of this entire situation." I reply.

"Yes!" Hayden yells, stopping at the red light. He leans over and kisses me before stepping on the gas.

"Boom." I look around and see Hayden's head laying on the steering wheel, bleeding.

"Hayden? Hayden please wake up! Please!" I scream. The firemen pull Hayden out of the car.

"Can you hear me?" One asks. I nod. He explains that I need to grab his hand and do as he says in order to survive this. I nod and do as I'm told.

"Is Hayden okay? Where is he? Please. I need him!" I scream. The paramedics put me on the stretcher and into the ambulance, where I pass out.

I wake up in the hospital room with only a nurse and a doctor in it.

"My baby, is my baby alright?" I ask. They look at me sympathetically.

"I'm sorry for your loss." The doctor says.

"What about Hayden?" I ask. He looks at me once again.

"I'm sorry." He says. I scream and cry as the nurse holds me down.

"You need to calm down!"

...........................................................

"You're going to be fine Becca! Please just tell me what's wrong!" Kairi says. I look up and see everyone else in his room.

"N-nothing. I'm fine." I say.

"You expect me to believe that? You just spent thirty minutes screaming 'Hayden' and 'my baby'. What aren't you telling us?" Kairi replies. I look down and a tear rolls down my cheek.

"We were going to run away." I say quietly, hoping no one will hear me.

"What? Why?" Addie says. I look up at her with tears in my eyes.

"I was pregnant. I was too scared to tell anyone, but Hayden found the test in my purse. He was so excited and made a whole plan for us. I had just agreed to running away with him. I lost Hayden and the baby." I say. They all fall silent.