First Day Knockout

"Beck?" Gio says, walking into my room. It's been a week, and I haven't left. I haven't eaten, drank, showered, or even slept. I just sit in my room, thinking.

"Yes?" I reply, rolling over to face him. The worried look on his face would have normally made me jump up and run to him, but I just didn't have the energy.

"Mom told me to get you up for school." He says. I sigh, slowly getting up and walking over to my closet to grab the outfit Adam bought me. I grabbed my bag and walked downstairs.

"Becca, come eat." I shake my head.

"I'll just eat this granola bar." I say, grabbing the bar and placing it in my bag. I hear my mother sigh as she nods slightly.

"Alright kids, get going." She says. Everyone stands up and walks out. Tia, Ale, Kai, and Alvaro all go in Kairi's car. Rio and I drop Gio off and head to school as well.

"Bye Becca." Rio says. I wave and walk inside.

"Beckie!" Addie yells. I turn around and fake a smile, but she sees through my charade. I watch her smile fade as she embraces me in a tight hug, nearly killing me.

"What's wrong Addie?" I ask. She looks at me and glares.

"You tell me! You're the one who is faking a smile! Didn't you miss me?" She says.

"Of course I did! It's just-" I sigh.

"Well?" She insists.

"I haven't really felt like myself recently, but I don't want you guys to worry. Y'know?" I say.

"Oh Beckie I'm so sorry!" She replies, pulling me into another hug. I feel someone else hug me, then another, then another, and then more. Next thing I know, all my family and friends are hugging me and I feel a weight lift off of my shoulders and then I feel dizzy.

"G-guys. I-I'm going to fa-" I faint. I listen to the muffled yelling from my friends and try my best to keep my eyes open. Attempting to process everything happening, I reach for my bag and grab the granola bar. I feel someone take it out of my hand and open it, feeding it to me slowly.

...........................................................

"Is she okay?" Rio asks the nurse, pacing back and forth.

"She's extremely dehydrated and her blood sugar is low." The nurse replies. I stare at them, waiting for someone to save me from this situation. I told my mom I ate, I told her I drank, I told her I was fine and she along with everyone else believed me. I was just too deep in thought to even get out of bed, but too deep in thought to sleep. The nurse looks at me.

"What?" I ask.

"I want you to get some rest. I've contacted your teachers, explaining the situation." She says. I nod and roll over on the bed. As uncomfortable as it was, I drifted off to sleep easily.

...........................................................

"Becca, wake up!" I hear someone say, shaking me.

"I'm up." I reply, sitting up quickly.

"Let's go, school is over." Alvaro says. I nod and stand up, but quickly fall again. Kairi was standing in the doorway, watching Alvaro wake me up. He walks over and picks me up, carrying me to his car.

"I'm sorry." I said. The boys look at me, but I stare out the window.

"For?" Kairi says. I sigh.

"Lying, scaring you guys, ruining our first day of senior year." I reply. Mattia puts his hand on my shoulder.

"No Becca, we should have known you weren't okay. No one can get over something like that overnight, but we thought you could because you had already been through so much." He says. I look at him and smile.

"I promise tomorrow will be better." I say. They all nod and smile back at me. I guess I'm not as alone as I thought I was.