Chapter 1: Letting your Guard Down

Ricky Underwood never thought he would see the day where he would get his heart broken. Sorry, that's an understatement; his heart was crushed, stomped on and completely shattered.

He was the badass drummer, he was the one breaking hearts and he was the one who would never thought he would love anyone. That was until he met Adrian Lee.

Sure, he didn't mind being friends with benefits at first and it was just casual, nothing serious at all. Who knew that he loved her all this time? He couldn't even completely understand it himself. Then his world was completely flipped upside down when he slept with Amy Juerguns.

He got a nice girl pregnant on her first time at band camp. He hated himself for it of course but nothing felt more different then being hated by everyone and then loved by one girl.

That girl happened to be Adrian.

Of course he never saw her as girlfriend material and he never saw himself as boyfriend material, but when everyone's mad at you that you impregnated a smart, beautiful young teenage girl, you could use a friend in that sort of situation. Who knew today he would be in a committed relationship with her?

Well, at least was in a committed relationship. He was quite serious with her until she cheated on him with the stupid sausage prince. That scrawny, selfish, clingy, and overly protective not to mention rich... Ben Boykewich.

That previous night, Amy and Ricky had their first kiss since that one night at Band Camp. Of course it was because Amy thought she was a bad kisser and Ricky thought he would be a good friend and show her that she definitely wasn't. He never thought that it would lead to Adrian thinking that he was sleeping with Amy which lead her to sleep with Ben.

All this was playing through Ricky's mind as he sat up against the wall at school. He let a few salty warm tears fall down his cheeks but quickly wiped them away, just in case anyone happened to walk by. He knew he couldn't stay here all night and definitely couldn't face the whole school. He was angry and embarrassed, but he couldn't be betrayed. No. He couldn't be. He was a hypocrite because he has cheated before. Though he felt a smidgen of betrayal.

He slowly stood up and made his way to the parking lot. He jumped into his car and drove his way to the one place where he wouldn't be bugged or even questioned what was wrong. He drove down the highway to the familiar place he called:

Band Camp.

Even after everything that has happened there; it still seemed like the place to go to clear his head.

He didn't know why.

After a few hours of driving, he drove up the rocky road to the cabins. He slowly made it to his very familiar cabin he once stayed when he was suddenly overwhelmed with memories.

She was beautiful sitting there, playing her French horn.

His lips against her soft ones, tasting the faint, lingering taste of cherry chap stick.

Her melody she played on stage that night...

The moment he entered her body.

Walking out after he was done, totally disregarding the girl on the couch.

Hearing the first time she messed up when she played for him.

The tiny blush that stained her cheeks whenever he touched her.

He parked and hopped out of his car and made his way to that oh-so familiar cabin. He picked the lock like it was clock work and again was flooded with the memories of doing the exact same thing with Amy on that one summer night.