Chapter 19: I Love You Part 2

The last day of school.

It's a time of the year every student anticipates, and dreads at the same time. For some, you may be losing a friend because they're moving this summer. For seniors, you're letting go of your childhood school days, and moving on with your life.

The hallways are filled with crying, cheering, and everyone's signing yearbooks. The teachers are more lenient with you, and you soak in the last bit of school because you're going to miss this.

As Amy Juerguns put her books away in her locker, she didn't exactly know what to feel. She was astonished she made it through the year, because it's been crazy. She felt proud of herself; she felt accomplishment. Many teen mothers don't have the opportunity to attend school after they have their baby, but Amy couldn't help but feel thankful because she does. The support she has is overwhelming, and for which she'll be eternally grateful for.

"What are you thinking about?" Lauren's voice cut off Amy's thoughts.

She turned around to come face to face with Lauren and Madison, with side smiles on their faces.

"I'm thinking about how blessed I am," she said truthfully.

"Ah, I see." Madison answered.

Madison, Lauren and Amy stared at each other till they all broke out in squeals and hugs.

"I'm so sorry we haven't been closer to you lately, Amy!" Madison sobbed. Amy chuckled.

"Its OK guys," she soothed.

"No, it's truly not. We've been so caught up in our lives; we haven't been paying much attention to yours." Lauren spoke apologetically.

"I've been busy too guys. Trust me, there is a lot I have to fill you in on," Amy laughed as flashbacks of the last few months with Ricky and everything else flashed through her mind.

"Well, we should all have a sleepover tonight!" Madison suggested.

Amy frowned and looked down at her shoes. "Sorry. I can't make it. Ricky and I are going on a real date."

"A real date?" Lauren asked in disbelief.

"Yup, like I said, I have to fill you in on a lot." Amy giggled as she swept her fallen bangs out of her face.

"Again, we are sorry we've drifted apart!" Madison hugged Amy again.

"It's what happens with friends but trust me, we will have a sleepover soon."

"Well, we better go. See you later?" Lauren asked.

"Definitely."

As the girls walked away, Amy closed her locker and began walking towards the cafeteria with the occasional stop along the way to sign a yearbook. As she made her way through the crowd of kids, she grabbed a bottle of water and a muffin and sat down at the stone picnic table. She absentmindedly played with her phone will she felt someone behind her.

"Is this seat taken?" A female voice asked.

Amy turned around and was met with the eyes of Adrian who was looking down at her. Adrian's smile was bright and infectious, and she seemed happier. Amy shook her head no, and gestured for her to take a seat.

"Thanks," Adrian said warmly.

Adrian dusted off the seat before she sat down, just to make sure her white shorts didn't get dirty. She sat a small distance from Amy, and then cleared her throat.

"Hey,"

"Hey,"

"Listen Amy," Adrian began. "We've never been close. At times, we've been resentful of each other but trust me, I want nothing more than to be nice to you. You are a great person, and I'm sorry about the past. Can we move past it?"