Chapter 3: Keeping Secrets

They both moaned in unison and the sensations.

Amy wanted to continue, she truly did. She was lost in lust and she had never felt more comfortable. She finally stopped kissing him and got off his lap. He looked at her with confusion. She really did want to want to continue...she couldn't though.

She just grabbed the condom in case. She didn't actually plan to get that far, she just wanted it close if she needed it.

Or wanted it.

"Amy, please don't tell me that we are going through this whole Band camp thing again when you begin to kiss me, get me all excited and happy we are getting close and then just stop... I thought this is what you wanted?" Amy could tell Ricky was hurt.

Ricky felt happy for once that Amy actually trusted him this time and was feeling something for him. He knew she definitely was and why couldn't she just go on with it?

He ran his hands through his hair and took a deep breath. He laid his head back on the couch and smiled. Amy looked at him and wondered exactly what was going through his mind. How could he be laughing at a time like this?

"What's so funny Ricky?" Amy had turned to Ricky and felt somewhat awkward. They had just kissed and she wasn't sure what to say or do.

"You're beautiful Ames. Especially when you were all into loving me and such." Amy felt her cheeks redden at that one sentence.

"What do we do now?" Amy looked at Ricky and she could feel that awkwardness again. She sighed and got off the couch. She looked out the window.

"Shoot." Amy grabbed her jeans and her shirt. He looked out the window and saw her parents pulling into the driveway. He cursed more foul language under his breath and grabbed his sweater. Amy had run upstairs to go change into her new clothes. Ricky adjusted himself on the couch just as the family walked in. Robbie and John were crying and Anne was arguing with Ashley on how she couldn't hold the diaper bag. Amy put on a new pair of jeans and a sweater and ran downstairs. She saw her mom and Ashley look back at her. She smiled and jogged to John and picked him out of this highchair and kissed his forehead.

"Hey John. You're back! Mommy and daddy missed you so much!" She was holding him and kissing his forehead over and over again. She always smiled around John, he was so perfect to her.

Amy looked at Ashley who had a look on her face as if she was trying to figure out something. She walked into the living room and found the condom still on the living room table.

That's when it finally clicked in Amy's head; Ashley put it there. Amy squinted her eyes at Ashley and she sighed. Amy put John back into his highchair and walked into the living room , and Ashley followed. Amy stood with her back facing Ashley and when Ashley walked right up to her Amy turned her body around.

"You put a condom there Ashley!" Amy whisper/yelled. Ashley deviously smirked.

"Figured if you 'worked things out' I wouldn't want you to make the same mistake twice." Ashley laughed but Amy was fuming. First of all, she didn't exactly want Ashley going into her personal life and secondly, she thought it was quite rude of Ashley always referring to the birth of John as a mistake. Not to mention the fact that she left it on the living room table for her mom or dad to openly find.

Amy was tapping her foot and glaring at Ashley. She still had a resentment towards Ashley after she told her dad about kissing Ricky.

"You know I still am totally upset that you went and told dad about me kissing Ricky. You can't keep a secret can you! Everyone keeps secrets, we're teenagers! I'm a teenager and you're a teenager plus you're my sister, we are supposed to keep each others secrets. Hell, mom even has secrets and so does dad but it isn't like they share them with you! God Ashley, it's so hard to trust you.." Amy threw her hands in the air and walked away from Ashley leaving her standing there thinking of a million things to say. Ashley couldn't hold this one in.

"I kept it a secret when you were pregnant! I kept it a secret when you started dating Ben and he didn't know! I kept it a secret that me and dad shared secrets! I'm good at keeping secrets Amy! I tell which ones I know have to be told!''

With that Amy just ignored her and continued on up the stairs totally disregarding her sisters comeback. In Amy's bedroom Ricky was standing there in no shirt and his boxers, changing into a pair of shorts he has in his car. Amy stopped dead in her tracks and blushed when he noticed her return.

She closed the door and stifled a giggle. She knew it was childish to act like this seeing as she already had seen him in all his naked glory, but it was weird seeing it was in her bedroom and he just...smirked.

Ooooh, that smirk of his.

She took a deep breath, willing to try that again and maybe it not be so awkward. Amy inhaled deeply through her nose and walked into her room to only see Ricky with all of his clothes on. Amy casually walked over to her closet and began trying to find something better then the mismatched outfit she threw on in a haste. All Ricky could do was chuckle.

Amy walked over to John's crib after she picked a new outfit for herself and grabbed a new set of clothes for him.

As she was reaching for John's clothes, she noticed her watch indicated it was close to supper and homework time for Amy. Amy looked at Ricky and pointed to the door, signalling his que to leave.. He smirked and walked towards it with Amy on his heels. He made his way downstairs and gave John a hug and kiss and went outside with Amy on the front porch.

"Amy I don't want anything to be awkward between you and I, I just want everything to be good. I really like you Amy, but I just broke up with Adrian. What happened with us I let get carried away earlier. I want to sort things out and talk with you without it turning into us almost having sex. So I think we should talk tomorrow. Alright?" Amy felt sad at those words. He did have a point though, they would be rushing into things way to fast and they have to work some things out with Ben and Adrian first.

Amy nodded shyly and whispered a silent agreement. Ricky frowned and then wrapped one arm around Amy for a quick hug.

Ricky walked out the front door and hopped in his car and drove home quickly. Amy watched him pull away when she was overwhelmed with the sounds of John's cries. She walked into the kitchen and picked up John and brought him upstairs. She went into her room and changed John's diaper, gave him a bath and fed him. She read him a story afterwards and set him down for bed.

Amy changed into her most comfortable pajamas and crawled into her warm, soft bed that once occupied the body of herself and Ricky.

She started falling slowly into unconsciousness when Amy's mom and dad were knocking on her door and walked in. Anne was frantic and her dad had a panicked look on his face.

Amy could tell something was wrong.

"Amy, have you seen Ashley anywhere? I can't find her anywhere and she left a note saying she left for awhile."

Amy's heart sunk in her chest.....