Chapter 13: Pinky Promise

"Not that I don't want you over because I do, I just don't want to lose the trust in my parents." Amy explained to Ricky while grabbing her History book out of her locker.

Ricky planned on coming over and maybe inviting a few friends like Grace and Ben over for supper and movies. Amy of course was hesitant but Ricky was still persistent in making her loosen up.

"Oh come on Amy, don't you want to live a little?" Ricky inched closer to Amy, she felt his warm breath brush against her face and she bit her lip.

"Can't you just loosen up Amy?" his voice was seductive and he ran his fingers across her cheek. She pouted her lips and lost all train of thought. She hated that he did this to her, her legs felt like jelly and she forgot exactly what she was going to say, and exactly what she was arguing about.

"I-I-I…" she stuttered as she inched closer to her and his lips brushed against hers.

Suddenly, Ricky was hit in the shoulder. He got off Amy instantly and they both watched Ashley walk away.

"I better get to class." Amy pointed down the hall, nervously and awkwardly.

"Yeah, yeah. I better go too." Ricky pointed down the other hall and scratched the back of his head.

"Well, bye." Amy kissed his cheek and walked off.

Was he ever going to get any action?

Ashley rushed through the halls, when she saw her sister being teased-lovingly- by Ricky. They were practically kissing in the middle of the hallway and Ashley didn't exactly care to see that first thing in the morning. She stomped down the hallways quickly-thankful that her first class was down that hall- and hit Ricky in the shoulder. She kept walking, not even bothering to turn around to be greeted by the uncomfortable stares of her sister and her sisters baby's daddy.

She turned down the hallway and felt her grip loosen on the books she was holding. She looked down and kept walking when she suddenly felt the impact of knocking into someone.

All the books dropped, scattering papers all over the floor and Ashley groaned. She got down on her knees and began picking up the loose papers that scattered.

"Oh god! I'm so sorry!" Ben got down beside her and picked up what he could.

"Don't worry about it Ben, it was an accident."

Ben continued to help pick up all the papers and Ashley stopped when she seen it.

A picture of her and Grant sitting in her backyard, smiling and his hands were wrapped about her waist. They looked…happy. Ashley missed that.

She felt her eyes burn with tears she didn't want to spill over and she continued to clean up the mess. Her breathing became rigid and when she was finished picking up the papers, Ben handed her his pile and looked deep into her eyes.

He could see them sparkling with water, he knew they were tears.

"What's wrong , Ashley?" Ben inquired, feeling upset that she was hurting.

Ashley looked up at him and batted her eyelashes, trying to dispose of the salty water in her eyes.

"N-nothing." she stuttered.

"Wow, I thought you were a better liar then that, Ashley." Ben laughed but immediately felt guilty.

They both stood up and Ashley adjusted the books in her hands. She took a deep breath and looked up at Ben.

"Grant left and I feel more lonely then I ever have." Ashley's voice cracked.

Ben was unsure of what exactly to do, so he did what he used to do to Amy and what he does for Grace and any other girl he's comforted. He hugged her.