Chapter 17: I Just Want Her Back

For the first time in awhile, he smiled. He truly, truly smiled. It was genuine and pure. It was... love. He was in love.

He never thought he'd be saying this, but Ricky Underwood was totally and completely in love with Amy Juergens. Remembering that Amy was mad at him, he frowned, because they were over and he didn't know if they could fix it. He hoped they could and surely wanted them to, but saying is different than doing.

He paced up and down the room, running his fingers through his hair and smiling. He knew for a fact that he was in love, and he couldn't believe it. He knew this because his palms got sweaty whenever he would go to see Amy, which wasn't normal for Ricky. His head spun and his heart raced when they kissed. When someone even so much as mumbled Amy's name, he lit up.

He even swore he had Amy radar. He could feel it whenever she was close, and when she was mad at him, he couldn't help but smile because she was so cute when she got angry. Her nose wrinkled and her eyes narrowed; she chewed her lip and she crossed her arms.

He never noticed traits like these in other girls. They were simply there for sexual pleasure, which he hadn't had any of in forever. He thought he would crack from going this long but in all honesty, he felt like he could endure it. He got an indescribable amount of satisfaction and pleasure by only kissing Amy.

Oh God, he could just kiss her all day.

While we are on the subject of Amy, he missed her. He felt like she was hours away and he hadn't seen her in years. He felt so distant from her today.

Ricky was turning into a love sick teenager who cared for his son and his lovely girlfriend, who he could now picture as his wife. He pictured waiting at the end of the isle for her while she clutched her dad's arm. He pictured them dancing at the reception, smiling and crying tears of happiness as he whispered to her it would be okay. He would endure the numbness of his fingers because she was breaking them with her death grip as she gave birth to their new born. He imagined sitting in a rocking chair beside her, holding their grandchildren while they held each others hand.

She really did change me, Ricky thought.

But how was he going to fix this? He didn't know. He wanted to change things, and he needed to talk to her. Where was he going to fix his problems and who was the only one who would tell him what he needed to hear?

...Bunny.

He grabbed his sweater and trampled into the butcher shop, his eyes searching the store. "Bunny?"

"Yes?" Bunny's manly voice yelled from behind the counter. She looked up a few seconds later and cocked her head to the side. "Why are you here? Isn't it your day off?"

"Yeah it is. I just need to talk to you."

Worry creased her brow and her hands went up in surrender. "Whatever it is, or whatever you heard, I didn't do it."

Ricky raised an eyebrow. "No, it's not about you. I just need to talk to you for a minute."

"Well if it isn't about me, then it's about you and Amy. You seem depressed and you look like hell. But make it quick, I don't have all day."

Ricky leaned against the counter and took a deep breath. "I love Amy."

Bunny laughed. "I already knew that."

"Huh?"

"You think that you didn't look in love? Ricky, you haven't had a random girl go through here in almost two months. You smile and laugh genuinely and all you talk about is Amy."

Ricky smirked and shrugged. "It was that obvious?"

"More so than you think. I think it took you longer to figure out than it took me to figure out."