Chapter 5: Love, heartbreak, and bliss

Ricky Underwood was up early on this Saturday morning. He was eating toast and jam while humming to a random song on the radio. He felt energetic and more alive then he has within the last week.

Him and Amy had worked things out and decided to take things slow. Ricky was happy yet confused all at the same time. He wanted to get over Adrian though he knew he never really loved her because if he did, none of this would have ever happened. He knew love was a complex thing and isn't something you could just say for fun, it came with responsibility and heartbreak and it can complicate yet make your life complete.

That is why Ricky Underwood promised himself he was never going to use the term "I love you" until he actually loved someone.

Of course his son was the only person he could say 'I love you' to because it was true. The love he had for his son was too big to even describe.

He finished his toast and put away the dishes that were left from last nights supper and this mornings breakfast. He was also thinking about what happened last night while in the car with Amy. He knew that he was being rude but he just couldn't bring himself to talk to her. He never got nervous around a girl and not to mention the fact that he has been seeing and talking to Amy for over a year now. He's known her since Band Camp and through out her pregnancy and now he sees her everyday. Why all of a sudden did he feel nervous? This was one thing that boggled his mind.

He always thought Amy was beautiful and she was a great girl and a great mom, but ever since she was there for him that one night, it was like something changed. He didn't exactly know how to describe it but he wasn't used to it. He had never experienced that feeling of comfort and....desire.

Of course there was always Adrian's kind of comfort which Ricky didn't complain about but Amy's comfort was different. He didn't want to just have sex and leave, he wanted to just lay with her, not that he didn't ever think about doing it with her again...he was a guy with guy hormones.

Ricky finished the dishes and decided to hop in the shower. He walked through his crowded yet cozy apartment to make his way to the bathroom. He let the steam fill the bathroom and stripped down to nothing. He carefully walked and stood under the spray. In silence, he began to think about how much his life had changed within the last year and 9 months. He took a deep breath in a slide down the cold wall of the shower. He just stayed there for a good few minutes wondering exactly how to go about this.

Should he approach Adrian and just tell her it's off and walk away or should he wait awhile? He knew he was trying things out with Amy but he was pretty sure Adrian gets that they are over, seeing as he hasn't talked to her. He doesn't want anything to do with her and he maybe even wants to never see her again.

He knew that he did cheat on her before hence why he's so confused on why he's so hurt over this. He figures it's because he was cheated on by a girl he finally realized he had deep feelings for, with a guy who he thought was finally one of his first real friend.

He didn't know how to take it all he knew was it hurt but he couldn't cry over it anymore.

It's over and Ricky was a man. He was strong and he's been through worse then some majorette cheating on him. He has been through his father sexually abusing and just plain abuse by his father.

He was strong and he couldn't let this get to him. He had a son and he was dating Amy, but this just goes to show that even Ricky Underwood, has feelings.

Amy Jurgeuns lay in her bed listening to the sounds of her little brother cry. Amy was glad that John was down for a nap because he would probably start crying after he heard Robbie crying.

She got out of bed to see if John was still in bed or if Ashley had taken him out. She walked into the nursery and found him fast asleep while sucking his thumb. She sighed and felt that sudden urge to just hug him. She loved him so much and words could not describe exactly how much. She tip-toed out of the room and went downstairs to find her mother making breakfast and her dad holding Robbie while cooing to him. Amy sat at the kitchen table and grabbed her phone. She scrolled down and then looked in her inbox of messages to see if Ricky had texted her (or anyone else for that matter) , but saw nothing.