Chapter 11: I Can't Just Let Anyone In

Amy and Ricky walked inside Amy's home, feeling very nervous. They were about to tell Anne and George about their relationship, and Amy had never been so nervous - besides the time she had to tell her parents that she was pregnant of course- to tell her parents something. She was clueless on how they were going to react, and how angry they would be. Would they even be angry at all?

She decided to put John in bed first before this all went down. She brought him to his nursery and put him in his bed, and kissed him on the head. She hurried back downstairs and met Ricky. Her gaze met his eyes and he nodded.

"Mom! Dad!" Amy called hesitantly.

"Yeah!" both parents called in unison.

"Can you guys come here for a minute?" Amy asked nicely, she squeezed Ricky's hand and automatically let go when she heard her parents walking to the living room.

Her parents entered the living room and Amy bit her lip. Ricky looked at Amy and rolled his eyes.

"Can we talk to you guys for a minute or two?" Ricky blurted out, seeing as Amy was frozen.

"Yeah sure, what's the matter Amy?" Anne inquired.

"Oh please tell me you aren't pregnant again!" George cried out.

"No dad, I am not pregnant." Amy retorted. She hated how her parents jumped to that conclusion, yet she couldn't blame them.

"Well then what do you want to talk about Ames?" her dad said apologetically.

"Well, we have something to tell you but you might want to sit down." Ricky spoke for Amy again. Her parents gave each other a suspicious look and both sat down on the couch beside each other. Amy stood beside Ricky in front of the couch, and Amy was playing with her thumbs out of nerves.

Amy took a deep breath."Alright, so within the last month I've had a different look on things. A lot of things have been different , including Ricky and I." Amy said as calmly as she could. She could feel herself un-winding.

"Get to the point Amy." her mom said, worrying about what was about to come out of her daughters mouth.

"Okay! We have decided that we would have a slow relationship." Amy took a deep breath, and didn't release. Ricky just stood their searching Anne and George's face for any emotion.

"You mean as in friendship, right?" George asked, confused.

"No, as in boyfriend and girlfriend…" Amy trailed off.

Their faces went from calm, to worried to furious to confused.

"No!" George yelled and got off the couch, "NO!" George was in hysterics.

Amy bit her lip. Ricky looked at Amy and turned back his attention to George.

"George, calm down!" Anne ordered.

"Listen Amy, I don't think this is the best idea." Anne said, her tone angry.

"I think it is great. We worked through our differences and if you must know, we have been dating for a month now." Amy retorted, and regretted it instantly.

Her parents mouths dropped and she regretted ever saying those words. Ricky's eyes were wide, not expecting for her to bring that up.

"Amy, I don't want you to see Ricky anymore. Only when he picks up John to see him." Anne said, pointing a finger at her daughter.

"Mom! I will see Ricky if I want to!" Amy yelled to her mother.

"Amy, I forbid you!" George yelled, defending Anne.