Chapter 12: Being Left Behind, and Behind Left Alone

Amy abruptly awoke to the sounds of her year old son, crying in his bedroom. She groaned, wanting to go back into her deep slumber, but she knew that sleep wasn't a priority now.

It hasn't been for over a year.

She lifted the warm blankets off of her heated body, feeling the cold breeze hitting her bare legs. Maybe wearing shorts to bed wasn't the best idea. Amy shrugged and pulled herself out of her all-too-comfy bed to go and tend to her upset son. She walked through the hallways and walked into the nursery to find a fussy John, squirming about in his bed. Amy instantly smiled, her day already brightened just by seeing her son.

She walked over to him and his face suddenly calmed down, and his arms out stretched for his mother. She flashed a warm smile and lifted the infant out of his bed. She held him in her arms, and walked out of the nursery.

She jogged downstairs, already smelling the faint smell of pancakes. Today was Tuesday, not even half way through the week which was a down fall, but she would make the best of the day.

"Oh hey Ames!" George greeted. Lately, her parents had been really nice, and respecting the relationship choice of Amy and Ricky.

"Hey dad." Amy said while putting John in his high chair.

"We need to talk." her mom looked up from stirring the pancake batter.

"About?" Amy wondered.

"Sit down Ames, I'll take care of John." George spoke, Amy felt because he didn't like doing things for Amy but she would accept it anways.

She sat down, eyeing her parents as they scrambled to cook breakfast and feed John and Robbie. Amy grabbed a glass that was on the table and poured orange juice in it. She sipped slowly and looked up at her parents.

"What did you want to talk about?" she questioned.

"Well," Anne began, while flipping the pancakes inside a pan, "Mimsy has been in the hospital Ames, and we have to go and take care of her. We will be gone for a week."

Amy's jaw dropped.

"A week? Like a whole ENTIRE week? Seven days?" Amy couldn't get over the fact.

"Yes Amy, a whole week." Anne mocked Amy. She just rolled her eyes.

"So, me and Ashley are to stay here then?" she raised an eyebrow. Both her parents nodded.

"What about Robbie?" Amy wondered about her little brother.

"He will be coming along with us." George replied, feeding John and Robbie at the same time. He was quite skilled with it.

"Amy, there will be rules and we will be having Adrian's dad come and check on you." Anne warned. She was worried about her teenage girls being alone in the house.

"I know that mom, that is plainly obvious." Amy clearly stated.

"Okay, so no Ricky during late hours of the night. No parties, and definitely no sex." Anne spoke in an assertive tone.

"Mom, don't worry." Amy looked seriously into her moms eyes.

"Alright Amy, we are trusting you here." Anne did put all her trust into her daughter and she hoped she wouldn't ruin it.

….

Amy finished breakfast and went upstairs. Her dad said he would drive John to the daycare today, seeing as they were leaving this afternoon so he wasn't going to work.

Amy combed through her thick hair, and ran to her closet. She decided on a pair of light washed jean shorts and a black cardigan with a light purple tank top. She slipped on a pair of purple flats, and headed to the bathroom. She applied her make up lightly, and looked in the mirror with satisfaction.