Chapter 16: Madness

As Amy sobbed into her bed, gripping the sheets in between her fingers making her knuckles go white, she let more tears fall down her flushed cheeks. It was insanity. She regretted it all. Every touch, every moment shared and every ounce of trust she put into him.

All she felt was regret.

Pure disappointment.

Most of all; hurt.

Sadness.

What made it all worse, was the fact she did love him. A lot.

Maybe that's why it hurt so bad.

**%%**

He didn't mean to say those things.

His anger fuelled him.

He wanted to take all those harsh words back.

He wanted to apologize but he couldn't because he was still angry.

He was hurt by Amy's words.

As Ricky let anger spread through his body, he let out a deep growl. Replaying the events that took place tonight, made him loose it. Before he knew it; his fist came into contact with the wall, creating a throbbing pain in his wrist. He couldn't exactly feel it because he was numb. His whole body was numb. He let out a deep scream, showing his frustration.

Finally, after letting out a deep breath, he calmed down for a minute only to go back to the evenings events. He gritted his teeth together and then slammed his back forcefully against his wall. He looked around, closed his eyes and sighed; realizing he needed to calm down. He took in his surroundings- which was his bedroom- noticing the crack in the wall and the now sharp pains followed by the warm blood trickling down his knuckles. Ricky slid down the wall, feeling his eyes glass over with un-shed tears, his breathing becoming erratic, his body shaking . His pressed his knees up to his chest and let his head fall in his hands.

He was royally fucked.

But all he could think about was how he did this to himself.

EARLIER THAT EVENING:

The thunder boomed, and the lightening lit up the sky. Ricky and Amy drove towards Ricky's apartment through the rain that was pounding forcefully on the windows, making Amy nervous.

She wasn't a fan of thunderstorms. Especially driving in them.

They decided to go Ricky's apartment after dropping John off at Margret and Shakur's home for the evening. They claimed they wanted bonding time with their grandchild and Ricky and Amy couldn't refuse the offer. A few hours alone was something they wanted for awhile now.

To talk alone and be together rather in the surroundings of a nursery and school.

Before they knew it they were taking off their coats in Ricky's apartment, hair soaked and feet drenched from puddles. Amy shivered and Ricky walked straight to his room. He came out holding a black hoodie, which had warm fleece on the inside. Amy had seen him wear it before, it looked great on him. He threw it in her direction, and she caught it. She smiled warmly with gratitude. She shrugged off her jacket and pulled the sweater over her torso, inhaling Ricky's scent. Cologne and... Ricky. She bit her lip and tied her hair up with the elastic that was around her wrist.

"Are you hungry? We can order out if you want." Ricky offered as he fixed a hot cup of tea for Amy.

"I'm a little hungry but I can wait for awhile." Amy smiled.

They both sat on the couch in comfortable silence until Amy had to tell Ricky what was on her mind. She had wanted to tell Ricky this all day, but she couldn't find a right time to do so.