Chapter 10: I Think We're All Having a Bad Day

Today was Friday and it was the best day of the week for every teenager. It was a proven fact but Amy didn't see what was so special about it anymore. She would just go home and watch John, maybe do some laundry and clean up a bit. Amy much preferred going to school, it was something for her to actually do.

Amy woke up to the sound of her alarm clock ringing close by her head. She groaned in protest at the sound and slammed her hand down on the Off button. She took a deep breath and lifted the blankets off of her heated body, and lifted herself out of bed. She stretched and walked groggily to her sons nursery. She walked through the door to find John starting to flutter his eyes. She smiled at the truly beautiful sight of her son, laying there like an angel. She brushed her fallen hair out of her face and left the room to leave her son sleep for a little while longer. She figured she could buy herself some time and go get dressed before her son started fussing.

She walked out the door and bumped into her mom. "Jeeze!" Amy grabbed her heart, "you scared me."

Anne smiled apologetically. "Sorry, I wasn't too sure if you got up yet or not so I was going to grab John for some breakfast."

"Well he's still asleep so it's okay. I'll get dressed, then bring him down." Amy told her mother, feeling more awoken since her mom scared her half to death.

"That's weird, children that age don't sleep in till 7:30. They are usually awake long before this." Anne wondered.

"Yeah but it was a late night. He was whining a lot so I just let him stay up with me while I did homework." Amy responded to her mother. Anne looked at her daughter with wide eyes.

"Amy, you can't keep your son up to late hours of the night, he's a growing boy." Anne told Amy with a sour tone.

"Mom, let me raise my son." Amy retorted and put her hands on her hips.

"I am Amy, I'm just stating a fact." Anne pointed at her daughter, " and don't get sassy with me!" Anne spoke with authority.

"I'm not a kid, mom!" Amy spoke with an annoyed tone, she was a mom now. She shouldn't have to listen to hers.

"I know that Amy but you aren't a grown women either!" Anne raised her voice.

"I'm done with this mom!" Amy rushed past her mom to her bedroom. She closed the door quickly and jogged to her dresser, and pulled out a light blue sundress. It hugged her chest and had an elastic below the hips. It showed her curves and she loved it. The colour reminded her of a afternoon blue sky. She shut her drawers with access force and walked to her closet to grab a silver, long cardigan. She put it on and slipped on a pair of silver flats and a blue ring. She might have looked good, but she didn't feel good.

She already knew it was going to be a bad day.

Grace woke up the next morning to Tom lightly tapping her shoulder. She fluttered her eyes and looked up to find Tom smiling at her, waving.

"Tom! What are you doing?" Grace covered her bare arms with her blankets.

"You… had sex… with Ben." Tom spoke. Grace felt her cheeks burn but she kept her cool.

"No, I didn't Tom." Grace responded to Tom's accusation that happened to be true.

"Yes, you did." Tom argued and shook his head at Grace.

"Tom, can you go down stairs please?" Grace asked nicely, hiding her anger.

"What happened…to you, saying you were having sex… when you were married?" Tom sounded his words out like he usually did. He did make a valid point, which was why