°•two•°

I hug Glenn tightly as Rick, T-Dog, and Daryl pack some supplies. Apparently, Merle is still alive in Atlanta and the four of the men are going to get him back.

Of course, this meant Glenn had to go as well. He was the best runner, but that didn't mean I hated that they took advantage of that.

"Be good Jade," Glenn whispers and sets me down.

I nod and he hops in the back of the box truck. I watch as the truck drives away and begin to look for dad.

--

I trail toward the quarry only to see dad and Carl splashing about in the water. I frown a little and look to the other side of the water where I have to I hold a hand up to shield the sunlight. I see Amy, Carol, Jacqui, and Andrea washing clothes and laughing happily.

I sigh and begin back up the gravel. Once halfway up, Lori spots me.

"Jade have you seen Carl?" She asks.

I simply point to the quarry. She nods and jogs down without another word. But, I didn't expect much else.

I continue mindlessly walking around, my boredom had reached it's peak and surpassed it's limit.

Morales and his family are sitting around, Marie brushes Eliza's hair and Will plays with a toy car while their father watches them protectively.

I decide wandering around is my only hope of relief.

I was still making laps around the camp when Dale finally notices.

"Bored Kiddo?" He asks. I look up to him, as he's on top of the RV, and nod.

"Come here," he motions.

I obey and climb the ladder. He grabs my hand to help me. Once I'm finally up, I see just how high up it is.

"Here, read something besides algebra," he says handing me a book.

I take it and examine the leather carefully.

"You never seen a Bible before?" He asks.

"Yeah, but dad didn't believe in it so I never really bothered," I explain- his reaction is pure shock.

"Well, in that book holds sixty-six miniature books. Should keep you busy for a while," he smiles.

"Thank you," I say, smiling shyly.

"No problem. There's a highlighter in the kitchen drawer, highlight your favorite parts, eh?"

Once again, I thank him before climbing down the ladder and into the RV.

--

"Jade?" I jump at the voice. I look up from the back of the RV seeing Amy.

"Why aren't you out eating with us?" She asks.

"Not really hungry," I lie.

I just want to read more. I've been reading for nearly four hours and I'm not even done with 'Genesis'.

"Oh, okay," she says, patting my head before walking into the bathroom.

I continue reading. She comes back out shortly and shakes her head while smiling at me.

I smile and look back down to my book as she walks out.

Amy's shriek makes me jump and close my book. Everyone outside panics as I climb off the small bed.

I, myself, begin to panic.

Do I run out? Do I stay here?

More and more screaming and I decide to stay here as flashbacks run through my head. I huddle into the corner of the bed, pull my knees to my chest, and cover my ears.