°•fourteen•°

Small note..

Time skip holds the following fact:

Lori is pregnant by Rick

That is all.

-------------

*Three Years Later*

The morning sun was not welcomed.

It was getting close to fall so the thin blanket around me didn't do much good. That was when I realized the blanket wasn't mine. I began blushing madly as Brian turned around to face me.

"Morning," he grins.

"Morning. Did I fall asleep here?" I ask, looking down at the mattress to avoid his eyes.

"Yeah, you fell asleep just as I was getting to the good part of this damn book," he says reaching over to the nightstand and picking up the book we had been reading last night.

"Sorry," I murmur.

"It's fine. You're cute when you sleep, you know? I wouldn't mind if you slept here more often," he says reaching for my hand.

"Sure, if you want Merle to kill you," I scoff. Brian shrugs and begins to reach his arm around me when my eyes widen and I bolt upright.

"Merle!" I gasp.

--

I was running down the street of Woodbury, nodding and waving every now and then. I quickly pulled my hair up in a ponytail, hoping to hide the fact that I'd just woken up. I climb into the truck's backseat and let out a breath of relief that Merle isn't here yet.

"About time, did Brian wear you out last night? You didn't come home," Kate playfully nudges me.

"Ha ha. You're so funny. Nothing happened, we just slept," I scoff, pushing back at her.

"Better not say that too loudly, here comes Trouble," Martinez says from the driver's seat.

I look forward and see Merle making his way to the truck. I stick my tongue out at Martinez through the rearview mirror to which he huffs a laugh.

"Good morning," Merle grunts climbing in the passenger seat.

"It is for some of us," Kate says with a wink in my direction.

I pinch her arm causing her to gasp. As I catch Merle's eyes, I immediately smile as innocently as possible. He rolls his eyes but doesn't comment as Martinez starts the truck. I only glare in Kate's direction before we're off.

--

As Merle, Martinez, Kate, and I climb out the truck I look at Martinez. I hold up the machete in my hand.

"Trade?" I ask pointing to his bat.

He looks at the bat before shrugging and tosses it to me. I do the same and toss him the machete.

"If y'all are done bargaining let's go eh?" Merle says.

"Sir yes sir," I salute.

We first go to the small pawn shop. Martinez knocks on the window and when no growls are heard, he motions for me to come closer.

"You got the bat baby girl," he smirks. I force a laugh and ready the bat.

"Hey batter batter!" Kate whoops. Shaking my head, I swing the bat, shattering the large window.

"Swing!" Kate cheers.

"Not sure which one of you are more annoying," Merle comments, climbing in the window.