°•seventeen•°

Brian knew I wasn't paying attention to his reading. But, he still tried his best. He knew when I was ready to talk about it, then I would.

"Seriously, what does she see in this guy? He's a complete douche. The Prince is much better," he comments, erupting a soft laugh from me.

Just as he picks the book back up, I slowly push it back down. He looks over at me and I scoot closer to him, laying my head on his chest. I feel my muscles untense and relax under his embrace. He replies by setting the book aside and wrapping his arms around me securely.

"Do you like it here?" I ask.

"In bed? With you? I could lay here for the rest of my life," he says.

"No," I smile, "Woodbury, I mean."

"I guess. It's safe here. I met you. It's been pretty good," he says.

"Never had a reason to not trust this place?" I ask. I notice his arms tense up a bit.

"Dunno. Maybe," he shrugs.

"What happened?" I ask.

"It's just- I told Martinez where to find my friend's house. His dad was this big survivalist expert wanna be. He had a whole bunker filled with crazy shit. Military foods stacked to the ceiling, cases of water, batteries that could power a damn vehicle. They said they couldn't find it. And yet, just a few days later, Oliver walks through the gate with cases of military foods. Seem odd to you?"

"Definitely," I answer.

"You have a similar experience?" He asks.

"Before I came here. I was with a man, his name was Guillermo. The thing is, I think I knew him before. At least my group did. After our first camp was overrun, we went to Atlanta. Our leaders thought their friends could help us. 'Guillermo and his people' was what Glenn called them," I begin.

"That's not a name you hear every day. Especially not in such close proximity," Brian agrees.

"Exactly. They had a nursing home. But, when we got there, everyone was gone. One of our group said they got attacked by people, because they were all shot. Then I met Guillermo in the woods after our second camp fell. He said he was with his friends grandmother. And, that they were running from their old camp because people came in attacking them," I explain more.

"It was near the same area Merle went missing. When he was with us in the beginning," I add on.

"So, Merle is found by Woodbury near an area the same time where a group attacked a man named Guillermo's group. Then, you meet a man by the same name with the same story. I'd be crazy if I didn't see the resemblance," Brian says.

"And if it's true. That Woodbury just attack random groups, then they probably killed Guillermo. He was scavenging when Merle and them found me. I heard a gunshot, which he didn't have a gun, and then they tell me that a biter took him down. After he'd survived months on his own without any mistake."

We're quiet for a few seconds, letting everything sink in. Brian sighs, finally.

"I had suspcions before, now I'm just worried," he admits.

"I have more if you want," I offer, looking up at him. He nods carefully.

I explain the helicopter situation. How quickly they arrived despite being fairly far away, how the plane was fine and suddenly went down out of nowhere, how there was only one survivor, how a military camp was overrun, how there were bullet holes and fresh dried blood on the vehicle, and how the pilot was fine until the Governor came back.

"None of this makes sense," Brian groans by the end of it.

"It makes perfect sense if you just open your mind," I state.