°•sixteen•°

The walk to the Governor's was the longest yet somehow shortest time of my life. The determination to figure out what's going on mixed with the terror of learning something bad makes me dizzy.

"Jade! Jade!" Someone calls out frantically.

I spin around quickly seeing a hysterical Kate.

"Kate?" My eyes widen, "What's wrong? What happened?"

She runs into my arms and chokes out a sob.

"I- I'm so so sorry," She begins to wail. Across the street a few people begin looking.

Despite the worry and desperate need to know what's happened, I pull Kate toward an empty house.

"C'mon Kate," I whisper and continue dragging her.

She stumbles along, tears still streaming down her face as she clings to my side. Once inside I close the door and lock it as Kate suddenly collapses onto her knees. Her chest booms with loud sobs and I kneel beside her.

"We- we can't be in here we have to go to the Governor," She squeaks out.

"I was on my way there- Kate what's wrong?"

"Merle," is all she says before bursting into another sobbing fit.

My heartbeat quickens even more than it already was and my concern grows making me nauseated.

"What happened? Is he okay?" I continue to ask, her not giving me the information I need now tormenting me.

"He- he-" She begins hyperventilating.

"Kate! Hey! Look at me," I grab her by the face and force her to make eye contact.

"It's- it's him!" She sobs.

"Who Kate? What's wrong?" I demand.

"It's Glenn!"

--

"Hey! Hey! You can't go in there! Jade!" Martinez yells, as I barge into the building Kate pointed me to.

'An Asian man named Glenn and a pretty brunette girl' Kate described. She saw Merle unloading them from a truck, he had a gun on the girl and the Glenn man was in front of them.

"Nice to finally see you," I sneer as he blocks the doorway.

"If you needed to talk to me, you knew I was busy today," He shakes his head.

"Yeah I got that. But it's not you I'm looking for, I need to see Merle or the Governor," I glare and begin to push past him.

"Jade-" I quickly cut him off.

"I wasn't asking for your permission, Martinez," I tilt my head at him.

"It's dangerous. That sword chick had two biters on chains and they're checking them out in there," He explains.

"As if.. Something like that would require Milton and Milton's lab is on the other side of the community," I retort.

"I can't let you go in there," he objects.

"Why?" I test.

"I told you, it's dangerous," he says as if I wouldn't push him any further.

"I've got a knife, gun, and whoever else is in there to back me up," I shrug.

"You have no business being in there," Martinez pushes back.

"Andrea was like a sister to me. I'm worried about what kind of whacked out lunatic she was dealing with," I counter.