°•twenty-four•°

"I can see it," I nod to Carl.

We're sitting in one of the guard towers, Glenn and Maggie had taken the other so Carl and I have made this our escape place.

"See what?" He asks, his arms crossed on the railing, our feet dangling off the edge.

"This place. I can just see it becoming something. A future, you know?" It was all there, it was only a matter of time that it became a reality.

"How can you say that? After Atlanta, after the farm-" I stop him abruptly.

"I know it hasn't worked out before. But this is a new place, new chance," I smile softly.

"New threat," He murmurs.

I flinch a bit at the thought. I wish I had the words to say at that point but I knew he had a point. Woodbury wouldn't go down, not without a fight.

"Right," I trail off.

The thought hurt, I still had many friends at Woodbury. Come to think of it, the rest of my belongings and clothes were still at Woodbury. Kate and I have been borrowing a mix between Maggie, Beth, and Carol's clothes. I was thankful I kept my necklace on, despite the fact that I now physically have the two people it symbolized.

Carl and I sat in the tower for a couple more hours before Glenn called me out from the ground. Instead of staying in the guard tower alone, Carl followed before walking away to find some work to do.

"Hey," I greet Glenn with a small, forced smile.

It wasn't that I was upset to see him, he had a look on his face that told me he called me for a purpose.

"Can we talk?" He asks, his fingers twitched showing me that he was anxious.

I nod and he leads us to one of the steel bleachers.

"Something wrong?" I ask, knowing there was but he is never this silent around me.

"I just-" He grunts a little in pain when trying to sit, clasping his hand against his ribcage.

I frown and look to the ground before sitting beside him.

"I just need to know. How close were you with the people in Woodbury? Merle, the Governor, that guy that shot Oscar," He looks to me with pleading eyes as if he wanted Merle's statements about me to be untrue.

I sighed softly and my eyebrows furrowed.

"Merle and Martinez, the one that shot Oscar, are the ones that found me with Guillermo," I ignore the pain in my chest and instead focus on how Glenn's eyes hardened.

I knew he didn't want me to say that, he didn't want me anywhere near Merle and I wish I could tell him differently. But, facts are facts and if not for Merle, I wouldn't be here. If not for Woodbury, I wouldn't be here.

I didn't know what to say after that as Glenn kept a cold, hard glare on the concrete below us. I looked at him in sadness, I felt like somehow I had betrayed him. I didn't know whether to apologize or walk away quietly before he snapped at me. After a passing minute that felt like an hour, he took a deep breath and looked at me softly.

"I'm sorry," He whispered and looked away again.

The confusion I had rose and I pursed my lips momentarily.

"There's nothing you should apologize for," I denied, I felt anger now.

If he dared blame himself for what happened after the farm, I had to console him.

"There is," he shook his head, "I should've let you come in the car with Maggie and I. I shouldn't have left you at the house that night. I should've turned back for you. I should've got out the car and went after you."