°•five•°

"You will shelter me, my love. And I, I will shelter you. I will shelter y-" Glenn's singing is cut off as the RV stops.

I raise my head from his lap as Dale speaks-

"See a way through?" He asks.

Glenn nods his head and I stand. He does the same, wrapping his arm around my shoulders and leading me to walk to the front. Ahead of us, the highway was backed up with wrecked vehicles.

"Geez.. Can we get through here?" Glenn asks as we look out the window.

Suddenly, a pop and smoke from the front of the RV erupts a gasp out of me as I cling to Glenn. Dale sighs in defeat and utter annoyance before he leads us outside.

"Didn't I say it? A thousand times. Dead in the water," he rants as he moves to the front of the RV.

"Problem, Dale?" Dad asks as the others make their way over.

"Just a small matter of being stuck in the middle of nowhere with no hope of-" he cuts himself off as Daryl reaches into the back of a vehicle, "Okay, that was dumb."

"If you can't find a radiator hose here," dad trails off.

"There's a whole bunch of stuff we can find," Daryl says.

"I can siphon more fuel from these cars for a start," T suggests.

"Maybe some water," Carol adds.

"Or food," Glenn inputs.

"This is a graveyard," Lori speaks, "I don't know how I feel about this."

Everyone goes quiet for a moment, thinking her words over as they held such weight to them. Finally, T-Dog breaks to silence, ushering for everyone to gake their responsibilities.

"All right, all right, here we go," T says getting ready.

"Come on, y'all. Just look around, gather what you can," dad says.

--

I stand beside Glenn, holding multiple screwdrivers and looking over the hood watching as he works. Dad leans against the vehicle and suddenly starts to walk away before turning back to me.

"Jade? Give me a hand?" He asks and I stiffen as he speaks.

"Jade, I got it," Glenn whispers.

I guess he doesn't notice my discomfort as I look to the side of his face. Immediately, I regret not telling him what I heard at the CDC. I nod and set the tools on the edge of the motor before awkwardly trailing along with dad.

Once we are about ten feet from Glenn, he speaks up again.

"I'm trying you know," he says as if it were that easy.

"How long? Lori, I mean?" I ask, figuring out that he knew thst I knew.

He sighs and rubs his head.

"Awhile. After your Uncle Rick was in the hospital. After all this started. It stopped after he came back," he says.

I narrow my eyes at his back as he reaches into a car.

Liar

"And with Carl?"

"What?" he asks oblivious to the matter.

That he has no idea what's happening behind his back and he'd be destroyed if he knew..

That you care more for him than you do for me..

"Nothing, dad," I say with a forced smile.

"C'mere," he bends to his knee and motions for me to come closer.