Chapter 6

The mouth of the bottle spun until it turned into a blur. Sophie was busy trying to swallow the lump of nervousness in her throat. 

It finally stopped and landed between...... Keefe and Tam. Fitz had a slightly disappointed look on his face that Sophie missed because she was to busy staring at the glass bottle.

Biana, ever the match-maker insisted it was closer to Keefe than Tam. She gave Sophie a wink and a determined look before basically shoving them into the next room. 

They stood there, awkwardly for a few seconds before Keefe spoke.

"Well this is awkward" he snarked but it lacked his usual swagger, he even sounded, nervous?

"Yeah it is" Sophie mumbled.

"We don't have to do anything" Keefe rambled, something Sophie had never seen him do before. "I mean it's probably for the best, you have Fitz and you don't even like me like that and Grady hates-

Sophie cut him off by a placing a single finger on his lips. "Who said I didn't like you, Keefe?" she asked in a quiet voice.

Keefe was momentarily stunned into silence. Then he mumbled out a sentence that Sophie couldn't hear.

Sophie smiled mischievously. They were closer now almost touching noses, Sophie felt her heart speed up.

"Do you want me to show how much I do like you? Besides aren't you the empath?" Sophie whispered quietly but slightly seductively.

Sophie couldn't believe her own mouth. Usually she was all tomato faced and clumsy limbs around any boy, but she felt in control and was glad to be the one to finally strike Keefe speechless.

Just as she was about to reach in and kiss him the door cracked open and Fitz stomped in. Sophie jumped out of Keefe' embrace and quickly tried to straighten herself.

"What were you guys doing?" Fitz asked suspiciously.

"Nothing, just talking" Sophie squeaked.

"Ok, well time to come back in now" Fitz said clearly not happy with the situation.

The rest of the night was awkward for Sophie. Every-time Keefe's eyes met her he would quickly look away and every time they accidentally touched Sophie felt her heart-rate quicken. When they had finally all settled down into their sleeping bags, Keefe whispered something to Sophie.

"Meet me outside in ten" he breathed.

Sophie obliged and quietly shrugged out of her sleeping bag and out into the Everglen gardens. Keefe was there waiting for looking shy, an emotion Sophie had never seen on him. She strode over to him and asked him one of the questions on her mind.

"Why did you ask me out here, Keefe"

"I well......I wanted.....to ask you if...you....?"he said nervously.

"If I wanted to what?"

"If you wanted to finish the moment we had in there" he mumbled and then stared down at his shoes. 

"Keefe,I would love too"

Then she went in close and tilted her face up to his.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Once again sorry for the cliffhanger, the kiss WILL come next chapter, i promise. in the meanwhile i just published a new Fan-Fic, if you want to check it out it is about a Slytherin girl at Hogwarts. But i won't reveal too much. Thanks for reading.

Mollie